+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Mansfield

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Stone 6. Some expected saves, but kicking was off. Again.
    Cameron 6. Not captain material at all. Weak link imo.
    Baldwin. 7.5. Some great tackles and awareness, but still making mistakes. Without him though would have been major loss.
    Warner. 5. Horrible game to have your debut in. Pitch didn’t suit him and he looked harried a fair bit.
    Nemane. 5. Pointless switch to the left. Didn’t help with him or JJ.
    Jones. 6. Can’t cross from the right, but his on ball running saved him a little.
    Robertson 7. Grew into the game. More confident today.
    Bostock. 4. Did he even bother turning up? Waste of a shirt today.
    McGoldrick. 6. A few nice tricks, but mostly led to giving the ball away and turn overs.
    Langstaff. 5. Frustrating day. He was given nothing service wise and didn’t create himself a lot.

Austin. 6. Should have been on earlier.

Maynard. 5. Winger switch failed miserably and not added anything to the team as of yet imo. We still look like the plodding, pedestrian team from IB days. How on earth were hanging onto 7th, I’ll never know.

On balance, 7th is remarkable as we really don’t look like a dominant force at all. We look, dare I say it, predictable.
    I said at half time that I didn’t understand the thinking with swapping Jones/Nemane.
    That said, when they switched back in the second half Mansfield changed their shape and dealt with them much better.
    Jones had far more joy down the right.
    I’m usually very supportive of Nemane but he looked totally devoid of any confidence or belief.

Stone 5. Distribution was shocking. Time for a change
    Warner 6. Plenty of miss placed passes
    Baldwin 7
    Cameron 6
    Jones 7. Tried to make things happen, but not his day.fffffffffffffffffff
    Nemane 4. Rubbish
    Bostock 4. Should have been subbed. Woeful again.
    Robertson 6. Why was he taken off....
    Crowley 6
    McGoldrick 4
    Langstaff 4. No service whatsoever. We may aswell have played with 10 men

SM 1. Does he realise why we have subs on the bench...

Stone 6 - saved everything he could, find it hilarious how he finally gets some confidence and starts making good saves (today and vs Barrow) and gets slated?
    Warner 6 - looked competetant and quick, broke the lines a couple of times and looked to grow in confidence.
    Baldwin 8 - Looked very good again like Barrow
    Cameron 5 - Was covered by Baldwin, and very slow on the ball, likes to dither on it then ends up going back to Stone when the winger is often open.
    Jones 7 - worked hard, was kicked all game and got nothing from the Referee, did well but obviously struggling on the wrong side.
    Nemane 3 - Always utter ****e on the left wing, he's a fast winger who is never on the shoulder of the defender and always looks to be in the wrong position.
    Bostock 4 - Our biggest problem today, weak in the tackle, ponderous on the ball and sloppy passing. Needs a break, game was crying out for Jim to replace him last 20.
    Robertson 6 - Started slowly but grew into the game, not as technically gifted as palmer or bostock, but works hard.
    Crowley 5 - didn't really get too involved in the game, was hamstrung by having Jones on the right instead of Nemane, all the patterns they've worked on together all season suddenly changed.
    McGoldrick 6 - carried the ball well, and looked most likely to score for us, had several good chances but absolutely no luck, on another day with the same chances scores 2 or 3.
    Langstaff 5 - worked hard pressing, and won the penalty towards the end getting goal side of the defender. Shame the referee had £100 on Mansfield and didn't give it.

Maynard 4 - swapping wings didn't work, changed it too late. made no subs when Nemane and Bostock were useless ( let Randall have 15 minutes couldnt of done worse... ) ((let Jim bring energy and aggression)).

Overall we deserved something from the game, Referee was shocking turning down 2 strong penalty appeals. Langstaff one and the one where Jones gets his shot off and then gets took out very late.

Stone 6.5 - a couple of decent saves, no chance with the winner.
    Warner 6 - a mix of good and dodgy moments. Showed promise, he will have easier games than this.
    Baldwin 8* - plenty of good headers and blocks, held us together at the back.
    Cameron 6 - did ok, fairly standard game.
    Nemane 5.5 - decent first half, didn't do a lot in the second.
    Robertson 7 - got stuck in and used the ball well, looks a useful recruit.
    Bostock 5.5 - not awful, but nowhere near the player he can be.
    Cowley 5.5 - another who didn't reach the levels he is capable of.
    Jones 7 - scared them, but got no protection from the ref. Should have done better with his second half opportunities.
    McGoldrick 7 - not everything came off, but still our most likely scoring threat.
    Langstaff 5.5 - lacked service, but didn't make enough of his time on the ball. I'll be interested to see a replay of the penalty shout.

Austin n/a

Could have, should have, but didn't. Not the usual disaster, but still massively disappointing. I can understand the lack of subs because we didn't have a lot of attacking options on the bench. A playoff place is still in our hands, but we need to put a run together quickly.

Some unreal ratings for Aidan Stone. The second half was his best in a Notts shirt, kept us in it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Some unreal ratings for Aidan Stone. The second half was his best in a Notts shirt, kept us in it.
    Agreed. Of all the issues today, I didn’t think Stone was one of them. Yes, his kicking wasn’t great at times, but he made a couple of excellent saves in the second half - while we never worked their keeper.

Personally, I’m struggling to remember the last time we played really well away from home for 90 minutes. Too often we get a decent 45 minutes, but very rarely the full game (or the vast majority of it, at least).

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Agreed. Of all the issues today, I didn’t think Stone was one of them. Yes, his kicking wasn’t great at times, but he made a couple of excellent saves in the second half - while we never worked their keeper.

Personally, I’m struggling to remember the last time we played really well away from home for 90 minutes. Too often we get a decent 45 minutes, but very rarely the full game (or the vast majority of it, at least).
    Salford away is the last time I remember, all the way back in September.

Stone did ok. Cameron is an issue IMHO look how much stuff breaks down with him on the ball. He is error prone and his forward play has been very much lacking for a while now. We need an upgrade in the close season, try and move Rawlinson on / send him out on loan and bench him. Also very much in need of a Plan B. Jatta cannot come quick enough as Langstaff was a waste of a shirt today. You can say a draw would have been a fair result but for the most part a very below strength Mansfield dealt with us easily in the second half and we had no idea at all how to break them down.

Wasn't present today so can't rate the players personally. Pleased to see that Robertson received a good score and some acclaim.
    As mentioned JJ 's crossing from the left is
    often unplayable , so why switch our wing backs ?
    Concerning that 5 subs can be used and only 1 substitution in the last 2 matches ???
    Thought Jim should have featured and although a tough local derby , no Sanderson as an attacking option ?
    My Mrs said Macca should have had a penalty in closing minutes , how valid was the " claim ? "

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Jatta cannot come quick enough as Langstaff was a waste of a shirt today.
    If you give Macca decent service, he'll do the business. As for Jatta, I'll wait to see how he gets a brace on his debut before I cry out for him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast