+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Football league trophy

Yes other clubs are coming out saying they didn't vote for it but is that just to keep the fans thinking they tried?

Good little article found on the Southend Website about the EFL Trophy

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news...s-3141983.aspx

Well worth reading. Very interesting about the uneven spread of the financial rewards and I had not been aware that Johnstone's Paints are no longer the sponsors. However, I must admit that I remain unconvinced about the presence of the Premier League sides in the competition, even if only on a trial basis.

If we don't vote against it too I will find that astonishing!

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Well worth reading. Very interesting about the uneven spread of the financial rewards and I had not been aware that Johnstone's Paints are no longer the sponsors. However, I must admit that I remain unconvinced about the presence of the Premier League sides in the competition, even if only on a trial basis.
    Like they say one season trial and then take it from there, although it would of been nice if, we the supporters had some say.

One year trial oh yes once they are in they are in the football league will not refuse a million pound a year bribe sorry prize money as a fan we do get to have our say boycott the completion completely show the club and the fa we don't won't to be dictated to by the premier league

I do wonder whether this is a Trojan horse. Everybody gets used to the idea of Premier League reserve teams interacting with Football League teams, and then a revised League structure is proposed with Premier League reserve teams included.

Think the the league have said it would 90% of the clubs to back the revised league format that may include U-21 sides, cannot see it myself may work in Spain but our I feel that out own league is unique.

So how many clubs had to agree on the FLT 90% I don't think so the fa and the premier league don't give a monkeys about league one and two were treated like mushrooms

I seriously doubt that a 90% approval vote was necessary for the FLT changes. It would be a straightforward choice - no competition or a competition with more money and teams.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12