+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trust Issues with Some of my players

Appiah yesterday on the right looked like he could give us something. Have Rathbone behind him to give Dext some cover. Morrison Tiehi Cafu Fred Clucas all weaknesses.

Victor

Dext Peltier Ayala Bramall

Rathbone Odoffin Revan

Appiah Nombe Hugill

more like it but MT seems like there's certain players he won't drop.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Appiah yesterday on the right looked like he could give us something. Have Rathbone behind him to give Dext some cover. Morrison Tiehi Cafu Fred Clucas all weaknesses.

Victor

Dext Peltier Ayala Bramall

Rathbone Odoffin Revan

Appiah Nombe Hugill

more like it but MT seems like there's certain players he won't drop.
    Appiah was dreadful yesterday offered absolutely nothing on or off the ball and even less tracking back.

Quote Originally Posted by scum_triumphant View Post
    Appiah was dreadful yesterday offered absolutely nothing on or off the ball and even less tracking back.

Fred was no better. Appiah played right of a front 3 let's see then.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Fred was no better. Appiah played right of a front 3 let's see then.
    You called for Appiah to be dropped, when he was named in the lineup you questioned the decision, he was then substituted after 26 mins. Now you pick him out as the one who 'could give us something'.

Gru, you purposely say the most ridiculous things that are so far removed from the general consensus just so you can proclaim to be a genius on the off chance it comes true. We can all see through it, give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    You called for Appiah to be dropped, when he was named in the lineup you questioned the decision, he was then substituted after 26 mins. Now you pick him out as the one who 'could give us something'.

Gru, you purposely say the most ridiculous things that are so far removed from the general consensus just so you can proclaim to be a genius on the off chance it comes true. We can all see through it, give it a rest.

Going on what I see yesterday as soon as I seen starting 11 I knew we wouldn't get anything. Appiah can't work it out like I said you replace him with Revan who plays on the left so that still leaves us same on right no one tracking back. Played on right of a front 3 Appiah judge him then. Morrison he's not moving freely that was cause of their 1st goal. Tiehi he's been a disappointment. Cafu & Fred not contributing simple as. Clucas looks nowhere near player he was.

Quote Originally Posted by scum_triumphant View Post
    Very much the opposite - MT wanted Wood out.

These are aylor's players and if he has trust issues with some of them then maybe he needs to look at himself.

What is the deal with starting Appiah again yesterday? He was poor on Wednesday and started yesterday only to be subbed after 30 minutes?

The message that sends to me is that Taylor had no idea how to address that situation and has now further isolated that player.

Could anyone tell me what our game plan was yesterday? Because either the players didn't know or they ignored it?
    Correct and spot on about the Woody situation.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Did MT not say in an interview that he wanted him to stay (or maybe offered) on at the club in some capacity?
    I agree if there’s issues then he needs to look at himself and sort it out, maybe growing up might help certain players and staff who have clearly forgot they’re professionals who are on show especially them that want to advance
    No, Taylor said it was time for a new approach and that, as though it wasn't enough rubbing it in by letting him go, said Woody had yet to complete taking his coaching badges so was not ready to stay as a defensive coach and that he had already got his qualified choice moving to the club.

In other words he proper f***** Woody off good and proper. Never gave the man a chance to take his badges and stay on 'in some capacity'

Rotherham boss Matt Taylor wants to keep Richard Wood at the club next season. The Millers captain, who is 37, is out of contract in the summer but looks set to stay in some capacity.

So he changed his mind or Wood decided against it?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Rotherham boss Matt Taylor wants to keep Richard Wood at the club next season. The Millers captain, who is 37, is out of contract in the summer but looks set to stay in some capacity.

So he changed his mind or Wood decided against it?
    I can't be arsed to dig it out but did you not see Taylor in the dressing room saying to players if you want to keep fit then look no further than this man, pointing to Woody, then words to the effect of, we wish him well etc. He never wanted Woody to stay.

Plus there were numerous quotes in the Tizer by Taylor about Woody moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    No, Taylor said it was time for a new approach and that, as though it wasn't enough rubbing it in by letting him go, said Woody had yet to complete taking his coaching badges so was not ready to stay as a defensive coach and that he had already got his qualified choice moving to the club.

In other words he proper f***** Woody off good and proper. Never gave the man a chance to take his badges and stay on 'in some capacity'

What we running a help the aged charity! We can't afford a championship budget so we're not going to keep released players on in some capacity. If they want to take their badges surely there's schemes set up for that at not much expense.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast