+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rafa to Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    The point is simple. We were playing totally unattractive football earlier and losing.
    We are now playing more attractive football as of late and are winning.
    The point is even more simple,everybody is entitled to their opinion but to have two posters (one more than the other) continuously being negative is fecking boring and drags what was once a good board down.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I agree with your second statement but not the first. I think it’s more accurate to say that we were playing defensive football and not getting humped by anyone.
    We were playing over cautious football which killed off any attempt at actually playing football in any offensive manner.
    It was dire, regardless of not getting humped.

I'd rather take a beating by 3 or 4 by trying and failing to score but playing entertaining football, even in a moderate way than just sit back and allow the opposition teams and their fans have the Lions share of the entertainment whilst we are just happy trying to keep them out.

It was sickening and took the biscuit when Joselu was played as some kind of defensive player rather than what he's supposed to be.
    Luckily Rafa saw it all in the end and changed it up...and we now see the benefit of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    The point is even more simple,everybody is entitled to their opinion but to have two posters (one more than the other) continuously being negative is fecking boring and drags what was once a good board down.
    And what makes it even worse,is that the kernts are doing it on purpose and probably having a wee tug in the process...****ers.....

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Wouldn't say we were playing "totally unattractive football" we weren't playing well, fair enough, but teams go through spells where this happens, and then they come out of it, its called sport, and happens in EVERY sport. The additions in January have made a big difference imo,and hopefully we will sign at least 2 of them. Havent seen enough of Slimani to judge yet.
    The additions made a hell of a difference and actually kick started Rafa's mindset on having a go, which coincided with the players who lost form due to defensive actions, regaining it because they were allowed to express themselves much more.

You only have to look at the movement of the players offensively since January to see he changed it all up from dire to basically fairly enjoyable.
    Of course anyone can argue that Kenedy alone managed to spur every player on to become refreshed and able to express their talents but the reality is that Rafa realised that just shutting teams out and trying a smash and grab early on is not working as it was at the start and we suffered in results and (for me) depression, almost).

Yeah it was that bad and I would have no reason to say it if it wasn't because I was generally a glass half full person and I always tried to take any positives from any game, regardless.
    The only positives I ever took from a lot of the dire ones, was the team grafted and that was that.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    I'm more than willing to stand down from this board if it's dragging it down.
    Make your choice and I'll abide by it.
    A simple poll will suffice and I'll abide by the consensus...seriously.

Over to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    And what makes it even worse,is that the kernts are doing it on purpose and probably having a wee tug in the process...****ers.....
    Then get the poll up. Put it up till monday morning and if the poll is to rid me from here I will bow out gracefully. I promise.
    As for the multi stuff, I don't have any and the mods will know this.

Seriously get the poll up and you can have your board but I can't speak for pboro, so you'll have to deal with what he says as and when.

I'm more than willing to stand down from this board if it's dragging it down.
    Make your choice and I'll abide by it.
    A simple poll will suffice and I'll abide by the consensus...seriously.

Over to you.
    Mick......MICK!! Where are you?

😀

Then get the poll up. Put it up till monday morning and if the poll is to rid me from here I will bow out gracefully. I promise.
    As for the multi stuff, I don't have any and the mods will know this.

Seriously get the poll up and you can have your board but I can't speak for pboro, so you'll have to deal with what he says as and when.
    What fecking poll,ya self centred tosser?
    Iv'e never mentioned a poll, just stop being a wind up tw@t and then the board improves immediately..

Things like "the new signings kicked started Raffas mindset" Well fu ck right off man....

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    What fecking poll,ya self centred tosser?
    Iv'e never mentioned a poll, just stop being a wind up tw@t and then the board improves immediately..

Things like "the new signings kicked started Raffas mindset" Well fu ck right off man....
    This is me. If you think I'm on the wind up then that's your issue and every person's issue if they think it.
    I can't help it if I say what I feel regardless of who thinks it's not my genuine opinion.

But I'll concede like a gentleman and stay away from the board if people are fed up. Seriously. there's is absolutely no bad feeling from my part.
    I just thought we could all have opinions no matter what and people could ignore them if they chose to. It seems not to be the case.

I'm writing another little story here.

Anyway, maybe someone will put up a poll and you can all decide whether I'm to go or stay....but be under no illusions that, if I stay I will not change my stance on anything I feel.

Over to you lot.

The additions made a hell of a difference and actually kick started Rafa's mindset on having a go, which coincided with the players who lost form due to defensive actions, regaining it because they were allowed to express themselves much more.

You only have to look at the movement of the players offensively since January to see he changed it all up from dire to basically fairly enjoyable.
    Of course anyone can argue that Kenedy alone managed to spur every player on to become refreshed and able to express their talents but the reality is that Rafa realised that just shutting teams out and trying a smash and grab early on is not working as it was at the start and we suffered in results and (for me) depression, almost).

Yeah it was that bad and I would have no reason to say it if it wasn't because I was generally a glass half full person and I always tried to take any positives from any game, regardless.
    The only positives I ever took from a lot of the dire ones, was the team grafted and that was that.
    So you do agree that Rafa has a better squad to work with post last widow than he had before the window.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)