+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tactical Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    In short LW tactics were much braver than Ardley/Burchnall.
    Agreed but he had better strikers.

Not saying isn't better than either of them. He is, I reckon. Just saying the gap isn't quite as big as the results might suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post

Not saying isn't better than either of them. He is, I reckon. Just saying the gap isn't quite as big as the results might suggest.
    Chicksen and Nemann both played under IB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post

Ardley had Thomas Wootton Dennis Ruben and two of them are league 2 proven in play off teams.

Scott and Langstaff had come from lower league so were to some extent unproven at NL level.

The biggest difference is LW played to win every game as you are only certain to go up as league winners and you need 90+ points to do that.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Ruben ended up at Wrexham.....

LW was braver than IB and NA, played to win every game unlike NA, and had LW also had a freak goalscorer that none of the others is matching. He was also the tinker man, changing a winning side often, and it worked....often. The stats don't lie.

LW is clearly better than IB, and IB was an ungraded on NA. I didn't see either change as regression.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Maybe his team mates anticipated that, so put him up to sending that tweet

It'd add to the blow if he ended up in the same league, doubly so with Wrexham. They'd want him, but I very much doubt he'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He's homesick at the best of times, nothing will make him worse than the weather in North Wales to remind him what he's missing back home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12