+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Reading v The Millers

Just seen the team sheet and gotta say im disappointed. I get Ladapo hasnt scored a bag full but to replace him with a man who wont get more than a small handful of goals all season over putting trust in his new signing, well im lost for words. SSDD

Cant say im happy with that team selection, Woods just no, Mattock straight back in and Smith on his own up front FFS. I get that Ladapo isn't exactly lighting up the scoring charts but whats wrong with giving Hirst a go rather than Smith who will bag even less than Ladapo ???

Quote Originally Posted by gazmadmiller View Post
    Just seen the team sheet and gotta say im disappointed. I get Ladapo hasnt scored a bag full but to replace him with a man who wont get more than a small handful of goals all season over putting trust in his new signing, well im lost for words. SSDD
    I understand your frustration, but I think after Wednesday night at forest, PW is hoping we can keep the ball better when we try to go forward instead of it coming straight back as it did then, especially second half.
    I would be more disappointed if he hadn't changed the line up and it looks like we are set up to stifle Reading and hopefully hit them on the break, UTM.

[QUOTE=gazmadmiller;39605929]Just seen the team sheet and gotta say im disappointed. I get Ladapo hasnt scored a bag full but to replace him with a man who wont get more than a small handful of goals all season over putting trust in his new signing, well im lost for words. SSDD[/QUOTE

It’s a bit of squad rotation,2 Games a week, keep the team fresh, we playing top of the league so we need to hold the ball up more.

Quote Originally Posted by gazmadmiller View Post
    Cant say im happy with that team selection, Woods just no, Mattock straight back in and Smith on his own up front FFS. I get that Ladapo isn't exactly lighting up the scoring charts but whats wrong with giving Hirst a go rather than Smith who will bag even less than Ladapo ???
    Woody had a great game at Forest and fully justifies starting here, but again it looks like we are looking for a point with the line up so let's hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I understand your frustration, but I think after Wednesday night at forest, PW is hoping we can keep the ball better when we try to go forward instead of it coming straight back as it did then, especially second half.
    I would be more disappointed if he hadn't changed the line up and it looks like we are set up to stifle Reading and hopefully hit them on the break, UTM.
    Ronners with Smith on his own up front its gonna come back at us even more, stats say he loses more ball than he wins and you cant play clever through balls with him cause he aint clever enough and aint got the skills to take on a top level championship defence. So logic says we are gonna be on the back foot from minute one with the long boot to Smith as our major outlet. I fear we will pay big time today
    Last edited by gazmadmiller; 24-10-2020 at 01:46 PM.

I think Wiles might play on left to give Mattock some cover ? An attacking Flo in front of Mattock and Wood would leave us too exposed down that flank.

Is Miller injured?
    I thought he did ok on Tuesday. Surprised he's not even in the squad.
    Tough one today (which I say every match )
    Difficult to see us scoring from open play.
    I'll be delighted with a point (but feel free to grab all 3 lads)
    UTM

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Is Miller injured?
    I thought he did ok on Tuesday. Surprised he's not even in the squad.
    Tough one today (which I say every match )
    Difficult to see us scoring from open play.
    I'll be delighted with a point (but feel free to grab all 3 lads)
    UTM
    I like Miller. The last 2 games changed when he was substituted

Personally thought Ladapo had a good game against Forest although I know I might be in the minority I think one of the problems might be getting someone around the lone striker to feed off the second ball I think out of all our midfielders Crooks should be tailor made for this but for whatever reason it’s not happening at the minute he can do it 12 goals last year proves he can although granted it’s a higher level now we just seem to take an age to support the striker on his own maybe it’s the way we’re set up defensively I can understand Warnes caution but he did say we were going to be a bit more attacking this season I just can’t see it at the minute admittedly it’s a fine balancing act if you go too hung ho we’d probably get hammered

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast