+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good name, good name!

Going to NY in may,taking a few millers things,there’s a sports bar in Hell’s Kitchen area going to ask them if I can pop them up on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yeah think its fine it just rolls off the tongue now without thinking about it and agree away fans seem to have accepted it as well as being the home of RUFC.The name has always had some legitimacy because of where it is sited.Its a smashing little ground still and probably the best for its size in the country but then again I'm biased. I often look back when I''m walking away from the ground. particularly at night matches watching the fans stream out against a lit up NYS stdium still thinking how proud I am of it. When we are playing well on the pitch as well it is icing on the cake.I'm dead chuffed that I have been able to witness this in my life time and wish me old dad could have got to see it.The next aim is for me to see us in the prem before I pop me clogs. Mebbe a bigger ask eh?
    roly I’m the same mate my dad never saw the new stadium,as for the prem we can dreams just sometimes dreams come true.

Can’t understand why TS hasn’t approached the New York bagel company at Swinton for sponsorship as the names go hand in hand.

Personally I think the names fine it even has a song attached to it lol.

But I think naming the stadium no rent stadium may have been fun too 😂

Still think it's a bit naff and makes it look like we have delusions of grandeur.

Preferred my own suggestion of Lunar Park after one of our founding teams Lunar Rovers, who only played at night I think, NASA were a fan as well!.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Can’t understand why TS hasn’t approached the New York bagel company at Swinton for sponsorship as the names go hand in hand.
    Because that would highlight the fact that their bagels aren't actually from New York! The last thing they want to do.

Very proud of our NYS, first pint i ever had was in the New York Tavern in jan/feb 1966 i was 14yr old, about 4or5 lads wagged off school went to bowling alley then to pub, we told landlord we were at technical college which was just round corner, only had one pint John Smiths bitter felt like a gallon LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Because that would highlight the fact that their bagels aren't actually from New York! The last thing they want to do.
    If they were they would be more like hockey pucks by the time they got to SY

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    And old New York street in which the stadium is named after is? It’s just an old name of a district of the old town attached to Masborough so that holds no water either.

It's certainly surprising that there hasn't been any commercial exploitation of the AESSEAL New York Stadium.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast