+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change

Quote Originally Posted by Len Bury View Post
    Only a Mormon could sell a Pope....
    "Because of the Amazing Commercial Possibilties if he Succeeds"...
    Sorry for the "flying Sheep" Monty Python reference...
    I'm nicking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andingle01 View Post
    I think the fee for Nick Pope to Newcastle was perfectly acceptable for me , 10M for a 30 year old signed at 24 year old and who could walk away for nothing in 12 month is fair business really.
    I know you dislike Lyle Foster with passion but there is still a lot of potential in there at 23 year old for me , he's strong , quick , shows some good touches and game intelligence , thought he was excellent prior to his health issues last season and that seems to have affected his performances since , also I don't think he had a suitable partner , think he needs somebody more central that he can play off and around.
    Just my opinion.
    Totally agree, unfortunately some people just don't get how mental health issues can effect performance

Quote Originally Posted by Positive pete View Post
    Totally agree, unfortunately some people just don't get how mental health issues can effect performance
    I have nothing but sympathy for anyone who suffers from mental illness. My problem with the whole Foster situation is it's now apparent we bought him knowing he had an issue with clinical depression.

We all have opinions on players, somewhat against the flow I rate Amdouni but I also think Foster is bobbins.

That's why forums such as this exist, and it allows me to disagree with army88 on almost any topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Positive pete View Post
    Andingle says he was excellent prior to his health issues, BT says we signed him with health issues, I wonder which is right ?

As BT says, we obviously signed him with knowledge of previous health issues and my opinion of his performance is based on his performances as a Burnley player before and on return from his health issues.
    Hope that makes things clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have nothing but sympathy for anyone who suffers from mental illness. My problem with the whole Foster situation is it's now apparent we bought him knowing he had an issue with clinical depression.

We all have opinions on players, somewhat against the flow I rate Amdouni but I also think Foster is bobbins.

That's why forums such as this exist, and it allows me to disagree with army88 on almost any topic.
    This is car amongst the pigeons then as I think Amdouni is a very intelligent footballer - it hasn’t really happend for him yet - but if. We can hang to him I think it will.

Foster though is much better than you portray him I’ve said before he’ll come good for us - hope it’s this season and then you can get off his case

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    This is car amongst the pigeons then as I think Amdouni is a very intelligent footballer - it hasn’t really happend for him yet - but if. We can hang to him I think it will.

Foster though is much better than you portray him I’ve said before he’ll come good for us - hope it’s this season and then you can get off his case
    When Koleosho was fit & firing he was building a great playing relationship with Amdouni. The pair of them coupled to Odobert would rip Championship defences a whole new set of arses.

I hope Foster performs well for Bafana Bafana in his next two games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    When Koleosho was fit & firing he was building a great playing relationship with Amdouni. The pair of them coupled to Odobert would rip Championship defences a whole new set of arses.

I hope Foster performs well for Bafana Bafana in his next two games.
    Amdouni got good reviews from the Swiss press for his recent performance in the internationals. Scored and very involved. With the right support and rôle, he is an asset

Quote Originally Posted by Andingle01 View Post
    As BT says, we obviously signed him with knowledge of previous health issues and my opinion of his performance is based on his performances as a Burnley player before and on return from his health issues.
    Hope that makes things clearer.
    Yes, thank you for your reply. I find it difficult to form an opinion on him, the first few games after he arrived he looked like he would find it difficult to trap a bag of cement, and then he started to play a bit and you could see the potential, then the health issues kicked in. I sincerely hope he can, or indeed has, overcome his issues, there is certainly a player there, only time will tell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)