+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blood’s Point

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Over the last 3 forum pages for October, football related topics outnumber O/Ts by 3 to 1.
    Blimey Phil', who'd have predicted that 😆?

I’m more than happy to discuss other topics as it’s interesting to hear the opinions of others on what are often very important issues. Of course, the main reason for this forum is the Albion but I feel that there is a place for other discussions. We are all going to hold differing opinions on many subjects but the most important point is that any topic should be discussed in a polite and respectful manner.

TBH I just don't really respond top any of that stuff unless it floats my boat.

I steer clear of politics personally but don't mind others posting about stuff if they want.

We have some great people on this forum so it would be a shame if they couldn't post about what 'gets their goat'.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I’m more than happy to discuss other topics as it’s interesting to hear the opinions of others on what are often very important issues. Of course, the main reason for this forum is the Albion but I feel that there is a place for other discussions. We are all going to hold differing opinions on many subjects but the most important point is that any topic should be discussed in a polite and respectful manner.
    👍

No need to create sections for this and sub sections for that just stick an O/T (off topic) in the post header that's nowt to do with football then you can simply ignore or open I cant really see what all the fuss is about

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    No need to create sections for this and sub sections for that just stick an O/T (off topic) in the post header that's nowt to do with football then you can simply ignore or open I cant really see what all the fuss is about
    That was always the case…back in the day.
    Essentially I restrict my comments to football matters, but understand that many others prefer to extend the subject matter. There was a suggestion in Donny Valdo days (when I joined!) to have a separate section for O/T comments. I did at that time support that and still do today.
    I am involved in other non footballing forums wherein such subsections operate successfully.

I do consider that the ‘serious’ issues between people, causing fallouts, abuse and indeed resignation from the forum, are in the main regarding non footballing matters.

Each to their own though.

If these OT threads are the bane of so many poster's lives to the point where changes are demanded can I ask why with the exception of the Match Day Thread the last 2 OT's that I posted which seem to have prompted this debate are by a long long way the post popular on the first page with over 6,000 views?

Leave as is is my advice.

I’m going to make one final comment on this subject for the sake of clarity.

Regardless of what anybody wants in regards to changes in the way things are set up on here there is one inherent issue I will make you all aware of.

When moderator status was applied to me I decided to investigate the moderator side of the platform.

I couldn’t find any tools at all that would allow me to do anything at all.

So I contacted former ( and original mod ) Donny Valdo for advice and he said things had changed since his day and he couldn’t help.

I messaged Des WBA1955 for advice and he can’t even get onto our site, he’s been logged out and can’t be bothered to log back in.

The bottom line is this……I can’t find anything that lets me access tools to make changes.

Apparently, back in the day the mod part of the platform was easy to use hence all the red and yellow cards dished out. There’s not even a button on which to click to card anyone anymore by the looks.

Quite frankly gents, this is a ball ache and I wish I hadn’t volunteered.

If anyone can find a way of reaching the owners of Footymad and removing me as mod then they’re welcome to take over and can cut and copy this post as my resignation letter.

Quite frankly I’ve got better things to do with my life, I noticed I’ve posted about 22,000 times in 15 years, I dread to think how many man hours that accounts for that I’ve more or less wasted talking b o l l o x!

I’ve decided that I’m going to devote more time to more useful pursuits and I’m going to give all social media a wide birth for a while and this includes Facebook etc.

Just to reiterate, anyone who wants to moderate is more than welcome to approach Footymad to add themselves.

Stay happy and healthy boys and I’ll hopefully catch up with you all at some time in a few months.

All the best to all old friends and to everyone I’ve jousted with.

I see this forum as the closet thing to chewing the fat with mates in the pub, I think sometimes people cross lines as happens in life, however the posters on here are allowed to have those views and get called out by others whose views differ, I don’t like it when things get personal tho and that does happen more than it should. Otherwise this is a woke free oasis, let’s keep it this way.

This forum has had its ups and downs over the years but unlike many others, is still here. Way back, when I joined, it really was vibrant, although it did get very personal at times, especially with the wind-up merchants. The big upside of this site, for me anyway, is the number of good people that I have met as a result of being on here; remember all those barge trips, the pi$$ ups in the Broad St pubs? There were a couple of get togethers last season in the Vine and if that can continue to happen a few times in a season then to my mind, this forum is worthwhile. Look to take the positives out of the forum rather than dwell on negative aspects. It would be a real shame if WBA-MAD withered and died. I also suspect that quite a few people became so disillusioned with Lai’s ownership of the club that they drew back from various football involvements, this forum in particular. I hope we continue and I wouldn’t want us to become something akin to the .com forum, which to my mind, is run by a clique of idiots. It’s our forum, it’s what we make it, so make the best of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)