+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season over?

I think that the National League are waiting for the season to end in 11 days time (we would have been the last match as the game against Yeovil was to be televised) so they can say that time has run out and the EFL will elect Barrow to League 2.

Also it's a smart move by Notts to renovate the pitch now.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    I think that the National League are waiting for the season to end in 11 days time (we would have been the last match as the game against Yeovil was to be televised) so they can say that time has run out and the EFL will elect Barrow to League 2.

Also it's a smart move by Notts to renovate the pitch now.
    You talk about "re-election". If it's the EFL, wouldn't they go for Notts? On the basis we took the last relegation spot in the last full season and we also will take more fans to games than Barrow. From a clubs view, they'd surely prefer Notts?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    You talk about "re-election". If it's the EFL, wouldn't they go for Notts? On the basis we took the last relegation spot in the last full season and we also will take more fans to games than Barrow. From a clubs view, they'd surely prefer Notts?
    I very much would like to think so, but I don't trust them to do that.

With no football expected to take place for the foreseeable future, we have this week commenced our annual pitch renovation at Meadow Lane.

The National League season has been suspended indefinitely due to the coronavirus outbreak and, while no possible return date has been suggested by the league, we have taken the opportunity to carry out essential works on our playing surface.

Our CEO, Jason Turner, said: “I would like to assure supporters that our decision to renovate the pitch does not signal the end of our season. We still await clarity on the future of the 2019-20 campaign and remain in regular dialogue with the relevant parties to establish what lies ahead.

“While we had planned a more extensive renovation this summer, the uncertainty over our longer-term scheduling means we feel it’s best we carry out some basic work now to ensure we have a suitable surface for the year ahead.

“Everyone can rest assured that the pitch will be ready to facilitate competitive football when the authorities deem it safe to return, and I’d like to thank our groundstaff and contractors for their continued hard work during these challenging times.”

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...ations-150420/

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    That would leave a foul taste in the mouth. I want to see Notts win promotion fair and square.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    That would leave a foul taste in the mouth. I want to see Notts win promotion fair and square.
    Bit like Coventry did a few years back !

Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    It wouldn’t matter who was promoted (if it happened) as no one has earned it fair and square. Barrow had some tough games, without there top scorer coming up. Harrogate and Notts were both building momentum. All 3 of us could argue that we could have finished top. Though Notts were the least likely if the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It wouldn’t matter who was promoted (if it happened) as no one has earned it fair and square. Barrow had some tough games, without there top scorer coming up. Harrogate and Notts were both building momentum. All 3 of us could argue that we could have finished top. Though Notts were the least likely if the 3.
    We were definitely going to be Champions, winning all of our remaining games, everyone knows that. COYP!

This reminds me of the season we missed out on the League 1 play offs on goal difference to Stevenage, we were on a roll and still believe if we had made the play offs we would have been promoted.

Swales comment above might be a bit tongue in cheek but I honestly believe had we finished this season under normal circumstances we would definitely have been promoted, maybe even as champions … meh.

Talking of that season (2011/12) the team that played in the last game, a 4-1 win over Colchester looked like this …

Nelson
    Freeman Stewart Edwards Sheehan
    Judge Bishop Hughes Adebola
    Sam Bogdanovic

Subs
    L Hughes (on for Adebola)
    Mahon (on for Bishop)
    Spiess (on for Nelson)
    Demontagnac
    Harley

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast