+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vincent kompany-just an upgraded Owen Coyle.

Biggest shock was that Kompany didn't hang around to see the completion of the Town to Turf project

The club is not happy and feel betrayed by VK.

https://insidefutbol.com/2024/05/24/...y-exit/646011/

Enraged!

They should be bloody relieved. Kompany is a car crash

Hope to God Pace & Co have learnt from this experience and keep their next appointment at arms length

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    If you look at the similarities of the two situations, it is clearly obvious Vincent Kompany is just another Owen Coyle.He has left us in the dodo after all his spouting about the five year plan,the Mission documentary, the gesticulations to the fans on the closing day of the season, a owner who backed him like the club has never backed anybody before,the video just last week talking about he cannot wait to start the Championship.Remember him saying at the very start he came because of the people here at the club-that they were genuine and openly honest about the situation after relegation in 2022/2023.
    He gave us a season that will never be forgotten-just like Owen Coyle all those years ago-but he will now be remembered as just another Judas.
    He is probably leaving us with a bloated squad all recruited by him for his style of play and jumps ship when relegated to the first really big hitter.
    If I were Pace I would hold out for the release compo of €20m and if they do not pay so be it.Make them both look stupid.
    Inevitable:

Sadly CIB I cannot disagree with your comments!
    Pre season I watched all of the games on Clarets+ and whilst not impressed, felt that VK had
    the knowledge and experience to retain Burnley's status in the Premier League.
    I was wrong!
    I don't remember the exact text of the conversation between Richard Keys and Andy Gray,
    when summarising the team's performances a few games into the Premier League season.
    Keys alluded to the fact that VK was being unrealistic to expect Burnley to play in the style
    only few teams in the Premier League could even aspire to; and Kompany was damaging
    the club if he continued.
    He didn't pull any punches, as he went on to say VK was being arrogant,stubborn and on an
    “ego” trip if he continued with his style-and it would all end in tears for both the club and
    supporters!
    Summarising he concluded that he was using the club to promote himself and his methods
    right or wrong.
    Although personally I feel VK gave me, the club and supporters a never to be forgotten
    fantastic season in the championship;whenever he was being interviewed, the phrase “if he
    was a bar of chocolate he would eat himself” came to mind!
    If it does go wrong at Bayern Munich he has a very long way to fall.
    Fast forward once the dust has settled on all this (and am sure more will come out over the
    course of this season) Pace now needs to appoint a manager with a more solid and
    pragmatic approach.
    David Moyes would be my choice-he may not be the woke, media savvie darling Kompany
    is; but he does know how to set up a team and hopefully restore some stability and
    confidence in the club and players.
    BFC is bigger than Kompany, and whoever is appointed as manager everyone needs to give
    that individual 100% support.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)