+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greg Stewart appeal

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yes but he is still blowing out his hoop this season but is playing well because he is actually getting played in the right position.
    From the highlights last night, he played his best down the right, cutting in.
    Indeed that's where we scored.
    He also can be seen huffing and puffing as the lone striker.
    Clarke obviously recognises Stewart's stamina issues and is getting the best out of him by telling him to conserve his efforts to only going forward.
    He's scored 4 goals for Killie this year

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    From the highlights last night, he played his best down the right, cutting in.
    Indeed that's where we scored.
    He also can be seen huffing and puffing as the lone striker.
    Clarke obviously recognises Stewart's stamina issues and is getting the best out of him by telling him to conserve his efforts to only going forward.
    He's scored 4 goals for Killie this year
    You never know, Stewart might still end up here next season after his Brum contract expires, esp. if Steve Clarke moves on

Has lost his appeal so is banned for the game on Sunday, so a bit of a bonus for us, which we are certainly due given disciplinary panel impact on us this season

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    You don't know , do you ? .....for all you know , he's maybe playing the same position for Killie that he did with us.
    Yes scored goals for Dundee and Kilmarnock was stuck on the wing the entire time here because Derek seemed to accumulate people to play in the centre of the 3 behind the striker but I’m sure he’s played the same position at all 3

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Yes scored goals for Dundee and Kilmarnock was stuck on the wing the entire time here because Derek seemed to accumulate people to play in the centre of the 3 behind the striker but I’m sure he’s played the same position at all 3
    Did you just throw a heap of words in to a tombola ?

I’ll keep it simple for you I’d imagine that will help you !

He plays well at Dundee and Kilmarnock was garbage. That indicates they played him in the correct position Derek played him as a winger and he was garbage so played him in wrong position. Suppose you’ll deny Derek ever does anything wrong

If he's blowing out his hoop this season it doesn't say much for our defence, as he left them standing when he scored a very good goal at Pittodrie.

I thought he was very unfit when he came here last season, far more than a 'professional athlete' should be, but with the few appearances he made, he looked like he was coming onto a game, more and more as the season went on. I hoped we'd try to get him back, and with a proper pre-season behind him, he'd show us what he could really do. Got to be an improvement on what we've currently got up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Don View Post
    If he's blowing out his hoop this season it doesn't say much for our defence, as he left them standing when he scored a very good goal at Pittodrie.

I thought he was very unfit when he came here last season, far more than a 'professional athlete' should be, but with the few appearances he made, he looked like he was coming onto a game, more and more as the season went on. I hoped we'd try to get him back, and with a proper pre-season behind him, he'd show us what he could really do. Got to be an improvement on what we've currently got up front.
    He’s never been fit enough,I read somewhere that Colin Cameron was wanting to bin him at Cowdenbeath because his fitness levels were abysmal.

Jimmy Nicholl replaced Cameron and got the best out of him which got Stewart his move to Dundee who also played him to his strengths.

Obviously it’s shocking that a professional football player doesn’t maintain a centre level of fitness but it’s clear that if you use him in the right way he is a very good player,unfortunately McInnes didn’t.

Accumulate is an impressive word !

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He’s never been fit enough,I read somewhere that Colin Cameron was wanting to bin him at Cowdenbeath because his fitness levels were abysmal.

Jimmy Nicholl replaced Cameron and got the best out of him which got Stewart his move to Dundee who also played him to his strengths.

Obviously it’s shocking that a professional football player doesn’t maintain a centre level of fitness but it’s clear that if you use him in the right way he is a very good player,unfortunately McInnes didn’t.

Think you're right mostly but the difference at Aberdeen was that we were't built (as you say) to play to his strengths - why should we? At the teams you mentioned, he was their main man (or one of them). He wasn't at Aberdeen - it's a bigger club - he needed to fit into our system, not the other way around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast