+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    I wonder what the impact of producing all that soya stuff is Vs. meat?
    Perhaps ironically, most of the world's soy crop goes to feed animals for meat (and dairy).

"Human activities, principally through emissions of greenhouse gases, have unequivocally caused global warming, with global surface temperature reaching 1.1°C above 1850-1900 in 2011-2020."

If 99.9% of the science lobby believe it to be true doesn't make it right. It's a good game for the politicians (short term) to appear to have a semblance of control; which suits them for their short term jollie ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    If 99.9% of the science lobby believe it to be true doesn't make it right.
    True, but it does make the level of counter-evidence required to say it is wrong really quite high.

Things like being told the coral reefs are dying due to bleaching, caused by Co2, only to find that it is cyclical, and 5 to 10 years later they have replenished, does sort of make it easy to disbelieve anything else we are told.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Things like being told the coral reefs are dying due to bleaching, caused by Co2, only to find that it is cyclical, and 5 to 10 years later they have replenished, does sort of make it easy to disbelieve anything else we are told.
    It'd be nice if that were what happened.

Some coral recovers from bleaching, and some doesn't. The more bleaching happens, the harder it seems to be for coral to recover in general. The average interval between bleaching events has halved between 1980 and 2016.

The worst fears about coral have not come to pass, but coverage continues to decline. It's been cut in half in the pasts 70 years.

It is what happened, but you would always know better.

These so called experts, always give a worse case scenario, but it is always taken as what will actually happen. The pandemic being a prime example. All designed to scare the Florist out of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    It is what happened, but you would always know better.

These so called experts, always give a worse case scenario, but it is always taken as what will actually happen. The pandemic being a prime example. All designed to scare the Florist out of us.
    6,918,076 deaths to date would make me consider the Covid-19 pandemic (I presume you meant that one) fairly serious.

Sunak rowing back on manifesto promises. The fans of democracy who insisted the will of the people must be carried out after the EU referendum will be furious.

Think he might well be pandering (if it is pandering and not electioneering? Or are they the same??) to the current will of the people. Manifesto promises are written in sand (by all sides) and unhappy (poor) voters trump them.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    6,918,076 deaths to date would make me consider the Covid-19 pandemic (I presume you meant that one) fairly serious.
    So glad you're around to say these things, Swale. I know you write it as a poster and not a moderator but you do a bloody good job at checking the misinformation on here

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast