+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer Football

Plastic pitches just don't cut it for me either. Playing during better weather months sounds like a no-brainer. Plus, it's doable - just look at Scandinavia. And you're spot on about the money side of things. Year-round football would be a goldmine for broadcasters like Sky.

Ach c'mon, you can't beat an icy morning wondering if the game's on, a freezing walk to the stadium needing a pish because you forgot before you left the pub, a freezing seat which has stuck to your ar5e, rain dripping in from the stand above, a 0-0 draw, and the snow starting on the way home..

It'll never catch on 😀

Yip sign me up for summer football too.

I’m only 40 but the thought of sitting through some of the utter garbage Scottish football throws up in the freezing cold miserable winters isn’t doing it for me!

Must be murder for the players trying to perform in those conditions too.

I get that winters would be even more bleak without United to scunner us completely but I’d happily get my entertainment from different leagues for those 2-3 months. I know a lot only look out for United and the spfl but I’d be delighted to watch the premiership and 3 foreign leagues over the winter and still have United to follow in the summer!

Today was 38 degrees here up in the mountains. Even if a game kicks off at 2000 the purple hearted liberal humanists would have the game split into 5 halves, 9 waterbreaks per period, minimum consumption of 4 litres per man all measured by a chip implanted into the right upper groin.

There comes a time when we should stop tinkering with the game. Every season there is more and more tinkering to a game that is enjoyed and survives. The changes are only ever to accommodate the rich few and make them wealthier each time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)