+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot labour will get in

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Frightening isn't it?

When the leader of the opposition prefers Davos to The Houses of Parliament as a place to do business. With the ability of doing deals behind closed doors and with no public records.

It's the same with France, Canada and any other country run by the globalists!
    And an opposition leader that was born in London, lives in London, was Oxford educated and is a millionaire barrister

Deinitely got his finger on the pulse of the northern voters

Frightening isn't it?

When the leader of the opposition prefers Davos to The Houses of Parliament as a place to do business. With the ability of doing deals behind closed doors and with no public records.

Frightening isn't it?

There was a leader who ignored the realities of international economics, what was her name...? Liz something? How did that go..?

Tories and Reform love to pretend they're all in for the UK but where do the rich - Sunak, Rees-Mogg, Tice, Farage - get their money from? International finance and trade. They'll faff about talking about migration figures and whether there's a Polish shop on the corner but they'll never change the economic structures or money-driven selfish psychology that ironically keeps globalisation going.

And under a new Government, many things will continue to get worse, regardless of what the new Govt does, because there's a time lag between cause and effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    And an opposition leader that was born in London, lives in London, was Oxford educated and is a millionaire barrister

Think you'll find their shadow cabinet though has more Northern members than the Government

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    There was a leader who ignored the realities of international economics, what was her name...? Liz something? How did that go..?

Tories and Reform love to pretend they're all in for the UK but where do the rich - Sunak, Rees-Mogg, Tice, Farage - get their money from? International finance and trade. They'll faff about talking about migration figures and whether there's a Polish shop on the corner but they'll never change the economic structures or money-driven selfish psychology that ironically keeps globalisation going.

And under a new Government, many things will continue to get worse, regardless of what the new Govt does, because there's a time lag between cause and effect.
    Don't get me wrong Harpo I hate the way that politics has gone from being community lead to in the Labour party to career polititions that haven't lived in the real world and have hardly any connections to their constituents.

There isn't a left or right in politics now it's centralist please everyone other than left wing or right wings. The latter two are constantly villified by the media.
    Any view of patrionism is vilified as vilified right wing football hooligans. You can hold up any flag you want in Britain it seems as long as its not the Union Flag or the George cross but don't think that that is only in Britain! It is the same here and in other countries across Europe and the USA to some degree.

The people the majority of politions serve another global leaders agenda and not the peoples agenda that voted them in regardless of which party.

The Tories can't be in power for another 5 year but the alternative Labour party isn't yet known! I think Labour will win.

Don't get me wrong Harpo I hate the way that politics has gone from being community lead to in the Labour party to career polititions that haven't lived in the real world and have hardly any connections to their constituents.

There isn't a left or right in politics now it's centralist please everyone other than left wing or right wings. The latter two are constantly villified by the media.
    Any view of patrionism is vilified as vilified right wing football hooligans. You can hold up any flag you want in Britain it seems as long as its not the Union Flag or the George cross but don't think that that is only in Britain! It is the same here and in other countries across Europe and the USA to some degree.

The people the majority of politions serve another global leaders agenda and not the peoples agenda that voted them in regardless of which party.

The Tories can't be in power for another 5 year but the alternative Labour party isn't yet known! I think Labour will win.
    To be clear I'm not a Labour member or anything, but just to say that Starmer has recognised that patriotism issue, happy to wave the flag and definitely a different view to Corbyn etc. But I wouldn't want to get to a position they seem to have in the States where anything you disagree with you say is 'un-American'...if you're saying 'British values' or 'the view of the people' I don't think there's an agreement on what that means, and unlikely to be given we have nearly 70 million people in the country. Politicians are effectively trying to find the least-disliked approach. I think we could do with a better contract between politicians and the electorate whereby the voters understand running a country is complex and that not everyone will think like ourselves, and politicians return that understanding with more honesty. But I can't see that happening.

I would also say the quality of debate in this election is going to be very poor, and very little about values or realistic solutions to genuinely big issues, on any side.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

You accidentally missed his three years at Leeds University and mentioned his one at Oxford. He was a resident of Boddington Hall in his first year at Leeds. Cheap as chips and not very luxurious, but a great place to be.

Everyone has to come from somewhere and to say that means that you can’t ‘have the finger on the pulse’ of anyone from anywhere else in the country doesn’t make much sense. Do you think Thatcher (Grantham) did great things for the North? Gordon Brown is Scottish, but that didn't seem to stop Scottish voters turning on Labour for what they perceived to be neglect.

The people had an opportunity to elect a more left wing PM in 2019 and was roundly rejected.

We also had a taste of a more right wing approach to economics with Lettuce two years ago, and I don't think the public would like to explore that further bearing in mind it is one of Labour's key attack lines in this election.

I'm pleasef Farage is standing, as it gives the more further right what they would consider to be their strongest figurehead to put their case forward, and we can then see what the public thinks of the Reform manifesto.

Not saying I am particular fond of an overtly centrist stance from either party, but it seems that the public most certainly are out of the options available. I would like there to be PR so that a greater range of views are represented personally but can't see either of the two main parties introduce this. Labour perhaps should seriously consider it due to their record of success in elections down the years!

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Farage will pinch as many votes from Labour as he does from Conservatives. If proportional representation existed Reform would have a huge impact and rightly so.
    So would the Green Party and the vote share of the LibDems carry much more clout. They have policies that extend beyond an obsession with immigration though.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Farage will pinch as many votes from Labour as he does from Conservatives. If proportional representation existed Reform would have a huge impact and rightly so.
    Not sure that many, if any, vters who are currently inclined to vote Labour would switch to Reform. I think voters this way inclined will have spread between Conservative and Reform ages ago, with Farage taking a few more of the Tory trad members now he is fronting them up. It's good news for Labour i think, the split that we hoped Farage might deliver in 2019 but stood his tory facing candidates down. He now seems to genuinely want to rival the tories as Labours main opposition. I don't think he's a hope in hell, but that's his plan I think.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast