+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bartley gone.

Tosser of a man.

Feel like a massive headache has finally been cleared.

One thing I can't fault him for though is his transparency in terms of where he wanted to be and the standards he expected from his players. However, he wasn't ever going to get that at this level and he should have known that. He was given plenty of time but couldn't deliver.

Big job for whoever comes in next!

We go again

Marvin Bartley will never succeed in football management, unless he first of all admits that he made some mistakes. He may well still be a 'visionary' - but unless his players can see and understand his vision, then he might as well hallucinate for all the good it will do.
    In a team game, there is no point in blaming everyone else for the lack of success, you must at least put your hand up and admit that perhaps things could have been done differently.
    Marvin forgets that the fans pleaded with him to change his stance from last July, yet he persisted with his slow build up from the back, deliberately inviting the opposition to have a go, and every week he was shocked to see that his pathetic tactics didn't work.
    I'm in no doubt that quite a few players didn't tow the line, -that was obvious when they didn't 'turn up' against 'lesser' opposition, but Marvin deliberately left Lewis Gibson on the bench every week, despite the lad making an immediate impact every time he came on the park.
    No Marvin, I'd have had much more respect for you if you'd said " Sadly, I must admit that I made a number of mistakes, and if I had my time in Division One again, I'd do things very differently. "

Murphy from Annan a done deal by all accounts. Announced maybe as soon as tomorrow

Very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Very interesting!
    Annan have announced Murphy has left to join us ...... as usual nowt from Palmy.
    Last edited by Stravaigar; 09-05-2024 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stravaigar View Post
    Annan have announced Murphy has left to join us ...... as usual nowt from Palmy.
    Announced on official site.

Please be realistic, money talks. If Queens have no cash to tie up young talented locals, then there is no sell on value and no money for any future manager's coffers. I Feckin love this club, but it's not Wrexham and Hollywood is it! Doonhamers saw Gretna get too big for their boots and sling all the eggs in a very precarious basket, and the resulting demise of the club. Look around us, central belt big hitters fishing in our pond, but we are still were we are. Marvin had high expectations but was looking in the bargain bins in the supermarket. Don't dis a guy for trying. Who the club keeps or signs is never in the manager's hands.Mon the South and the Tartan Army.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)