+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝Matty Platt signs

A defender?!?! goodness me

Quote Originally Posted by GEZMAN View Post
    General disappointment on the Bradford forum he's left. One comment on their forum was that he was "steady, but not outstanding" was countered with "he was consistently a 7, which is better than an odd 8 or 9 and a lot of 5 and 6's", which certainly sounds like what we need. Here's hoping.......
    Absolutely - IMO consistency is more important for defenders and goalies than other positions. If a striker has an off day hopefully someone else gets the goals. A defender has an off day, you get... the season we just had.

And so the rebuild (of the defence) begins.

A Bradford friend of mine is a bit gutted he didn’t stay. Which is hopefully a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    And so the rebuild (of the defence) begins.
    Looks like an excellent signing… COYP

[Threads merged - SwalePie]

Looks a solid opening to our defensive rebuild. Welcome aboard Matty.

(I think we need find out if he has a middle name that we can use as there will now be two 'Oh Matty Ps, of Notts Counteee'!)
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-05-2024 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Looks a solid opening to our defensive rebuild. Welcome aboard Matty.

(I think we need find out if he has a middle name that we can use as there will now be two 'Oh Matty Ps, of Notts Counteee'!)
    If he's anywhere near as good as the original Matty P, he'll be a great signing.

Welcome to the Lane Matty. We now need another central defender and a ball winning midfielder to create some competition..

Outstanding signing. If you wanted a strong powerful defender we have just signed one of the best defenders in the division. Great start to the summer.

the kind of cb signing we've been waiting a decade (or more) for, imo. And seems a bit Scott Robertson-like. Welcome to the lane, MP!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast