+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferran Torres bid?

Quote Originally Posted by Marat18 View Post
    Is he that good?
    I remember he scored a hat-traick against us, but after that not like he was a huge hit at Barcelona. 15 goals in 80 app in 3 seasons La Liga.
    I also dont like someone to be highest earner in the club just through the door. I think one should earn it in bw shirt.
    Nit had a great time of it in Barca.

Quality players still only 24-25. Recon he'll be loaned out to Juve or someone next season.

Wage is an issue. It would suggest that's why the cl7b have offered such a low transfer fee. To off set his wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    OT, that Musiala looked good last night.

It was Scotland like but still.
    Musiala is absolutely mint.

Another one from the Southampton youh system poached by Chelsea before bayern picked him up.

Hes tipped to join Madrid, bin dips or City.

Bayern got him for £180K from Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Bayern got him for £180K from Chelsea.
    Bargain!

Torres has come out and said he wants to stay there and his agent/family are saying (in spanish media) that this leak came from Barca and they have no idea why etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Torres has come out and said he wants to stay there and his agent/family are saying (in spanish media) that this leak came from Barca and they have no idea why etc.
    Aye, he's said he's happy.

The story has obviously come from the club as they are skint and looking to move players on in the summer. I guess they feel he's on they can do without and want the football world to know he's available/not available but available if you know what I mean wink wink.

So, once again our offer, low ball as it is, will be used as a bargaining chip to leverage to smoke out other prospective buyers.

I have to start looking at things in a more positive light than the selling club being pricks to us.

My stance is two fold on this process, nowadays.

1 - We are a threat to the entire footballing establishment of Europe once again (like the 90s) and teams know we are a serious player with financial backing to go big in the market for top top quality players. This means our competition is the top teams of Europe and they will have to alter their schedules and plans if they want to sign players we are in for as we can easily afford to act and act fast.

This means that we can going in for or at least putting bids in for players we're not even really interested in to manipulate the market and make other teams 2nd guess their strategy whilst we focus on the exact targets we want.

2 - Our involvement in bidding for players drives up competition and the ultimate selling price of players we are not actually interested in signed. Yes, Torres would be a superb signing for us.

Is he likely to join us? No, not really due to us not being in the Champions League, being further north than City in England and him being a cosy Latin fella who's afraid of a bit of precipitation.

Fact remains that if NUFC put in an appropriate cash bid to Barcelona FC, they will 100% accept that offer, then the player has to have the horrible experience of not being wanted at a club desperate for money.

It's a win win for us right now. We're building our reputation back to what it was before fatso destroyed us.

We are the cat among the pigeons, soon we will be the lion among the hyena.

City took some time to go from signing players like Roque Santa Cruz to players like Aguero. We're in that current transition, however our Santa Cruz is Isak our Elano is Bruno.

We're already ahead of the curve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)