+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do potential signings find Warne to gooey?

I don't think some of the players are mature enough mentally to think anything other than money.

If we get relegated Brin will that be par for the course after saying this 'If Warne keeps us up it will be a major achievement better than the ones in the championship under Evans ' ?

What is realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    If we get relegated Brin will that be par for the course after saying this 'If Warne keeps us up it will be a major achievement better than the ones in the championship under Evans ' ?

What is realistic?
    Frog, we are not down yet. Having said that, for me this season could have easily been saved and the pressure removed a lot earlier on.

We made little or signings pre season and the January transfer window.....I don't know where to begin to start on that one.

Should Warne keep us up it will far outweigh what Evans achieved and rightly so. We are what we are, a League 1 side at best but all the spouting from Stewart and waffle from Warne on his '7' players he could choose from in the transfer window, have only incensed the majority of fans as total an utter waffle/lies.

Don't think PW,s the problem. He's the darling of the media and attracting good publicity.
    Cash, an unfashionable club and our perilous league position are the key factors

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Frog, we are not down yet. Having said that, for me this season could have easily been saved and the pressure removed a lot earlier on.

We made little or signings pre season and the January transfer window.....I don't know where to begin to start on that one.

Should Warne keep us up it will far outweigh what Evans achieved and rightly so. We are what we are, a League 1 side at best but all the spouting from Stewart and waffle from Warne on his '7' players he could choose from in the transfer window, have only incensed the majority of fans as total an utter waffle/lies.
    So is he too nice and a liar?

Managers get slated for having a go at players in public (by the players) and for not having a go at players in public (by the fans), so it's a no win situation.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 01-02-2019 at 06:16 PM.

I don't agree it's anything to do with Warne being too nice. Whatever he does, he seems to get 100%effort from the team in the vast majority of games. Isn't that the bottom line of what we want from players? After that, it's about ability compared to the opposition and manager strategy, neither of which are affected by 'niceness'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12