+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abandonments

That Ibrox game

The b’astards let us in, only to be confronted with an empty stadium and a badly flooded pitch.

Back down on the Wednesday and it took them 9 seconds to award the Hun a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Games which should’ve been abandoned. That Alloa cup game & the Falkirk one at Stenny.
    The Falkirk game at Stenny was, I believe, very close to being abandoned.

From what I've been told a slight upturn in conditions just after half time saved the game and it was just about okay to finish.

We sneaked into that Gazebo at Stenny to get out the snow. The prawn sandwich brigade werent happy

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    That Ibrox game

The b’astards let us in, only to be confronted with an empty stadium and a badly flooded pitch.

Back down on the Wednesday and it took them 9 seconds to award the Hun a penalty.
    I think you're getting mixed up.

I was at the game at Ibrox that was abandoned before it started due to torrential rain. It was supposed to be Willie Miller's first game in charge (February 1992). However, the match was played later the same month, which I also attended, and finished 0-0.

The game that they was awarded the early penalty was a League Cup match at Ibrox later that year. We were also awarded a penalty (Joe Miller) and we were beaten 2-1 after extra time and I missed my train(or bus) up the road.

I was also on my way to the St Mirren match on Boxing Day that was abandoned near kick off due to an icy car park!

And Forfar v Linlithgow Rose was abandoned due to floodlight failure and crowd disturbances and I returned the next week to see the Rosey Posie go through 1-0 aet

A couple of years ago, I just hit the first roundabout at Dundee , when a Dundee game was called off at the 14:00 ref pitch inspection and just did a 180 at the roundabout and headed back up the road

We sneaked into that Gazebo at Stenny to get out the snow. The prawn sandwich brigade werent happy
    I snuck in there at halftime also.
    A pal of mine was in there so I wandered in at the half

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I was thinking about it after last nights sh@t canning. I dont think i had been to abandonment untill Cove pre season when Considine wiped out Jordan Brown in July

Two in a season now.

Any of the elders on here got any stories of Dons abandonments.
    Too many, aff the tap of my heid including last minute postponements :
    Pittodrie
    Ibrox
    Easter Road
    Parkhead
    Tannadice
    Broomfield
    Those are the ones I mind, countless others in senior/junior/amateur circles.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I snuck in there at halftime also.
    A pal of mine was in there so I wandered in at the half
    Got quite busy in there. A mate of mine was peeing off the back row as he wasn’t for wandering out. I ended up next to the greatest striker Aberdeen never had, Andy Bagshaw. Still reckon he’ll come good

Got quite busy in there. A mate of mine was peeing off the back row as he wasn’t for wandering out. I ended up next to the greatest striker Aberdeen never had, Andy Bagshaw. Still reckon he’ll come good
    Him and Dazzler in a front two will be dynamite one day.

[QUOTE=donsdaft;39204168]I was at that one, and stood in the sun for the replay a few days later. No electricity for tills so it was (roughly) exact money only. I think the power had gone out in Union Street and BHS and Markies had massive losses as folk just walked out with whatever they were carrying.

All I can remember about the goals was that one was a long-range cracker - and we were playing against the wind.

Replayed match finished 1-0.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast