... it seems that EFL rules state that the retained list should be published no later than the 3rd Saturday in May. That's this Saturday, May 18th, a mere 4 days away. The lads are back from Vegas so the first bad news meetings will have taken place. List out very soon. I would be surprised if there were more than 7 names on the list now we are up in the Dizzy heights og the SBC. The only possible spanner in my works would be any "extras", such as Hourihane who I thought was going full time coaching at Villa but rumour now has it that his number of appearances triggered a 12 month option clause. Any more of that kind of surprise and the numbers I expect will rise.

The players concerned are:

Bird (already gone)
Sibley who I'd keep
Wildsmith who I'd keep
JJ back on pay as you play or not at all. Probably the latter.
Barks Thanks for everything but it's time to go
Adams hopefully reach a deal with Cardiff but not at any price
Tommo keep
Gayle looked class in L1 but had a huge failure at Stoke prior to coming to us. Too old? I think so
Hourihane Full time coach at Villa or an extra season here? I'd let him unless the option rumours are true
Collo Hard working goalscoring L1 CF 16/17 22 in L2, 17/18 20 in L2, 18/19 25 in L1, 19/20 and 20/21 14 and 13 in the SBC, 21/22 3 in the SBC from 30 appearances. 22/23 12 in L1, 23/24 199 in L1. Is L1 his level? I think he is. Thanks and good luck.
Smith been a good servant but PW wants more 20 somethings (applies to Collo as well)
Fozzy LWB/LB/CH competent in all 3 but his age is against him. 3 ACLs plus the time it took him to get over his injury this season and then broke down again on his return. You're a rock but it's time to go
Waggy Ta lad. This really is the end of the line
Robinson talks under way and I'd definitely keep him as he has a bright future
Loach does some coaching as well. Apparently on less than a grand a week. If still capable if/when needed then as 3rd keeper, I'd be happy enough.

So..

Keep Sibs, JW, Tommo, Robinson

Also keep JJ and Loach but only if the circumstances are correct (pay as you play JJ and still capable if needed Loach). IMO more chance of the latter happening than the former

Buy Adams

The rest can go unless there are any option triggers the players can pull.