+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hourihane

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    This has been asked and answered, so many times on here now!.
    Ok then so Conor is back, and he's looking to move into coaching/managing, eventually.
    This could really be a massive positive thing for us, let's give credit and hope it goes well. 😁
    Apologies, only been posting on here in the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Personally I can’t see how he fits into the playing side of things.
    Coaching yes - playing probably not.
    He wasn’t the fastest the last time he was here.
    And I’m expecting the speed of the team to be turned up a few notches now Clarke is here.
    However - if the recruitment team think that he can still do a job for us then that’s fine by me.
    I can’t see him playing a full match - but we will see.
    He played in 41 games for Derby last season! Class is class and in league 1 he is a class above this level on his day.
    Jan Molby stood in the middle of the pitch and hardly moved 2 foot all game for us, but his passing was something to behold and you could see the class and stature in him, Conor is more mobile than Molby was and can pick a pass, his free kick taking will get us some goals as well.
    I’m looking forward to seeing how he brings Luca on, the lad will learn a lot from him.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    He played in 41 games for Derby last season! Class is class and in league 1 he is a class above this level on his day.
    Jan Molby stood in the middle of the pitch and hardly moved 2 foot all game for us, but his passing was something to behold and you could see the class and stature in him, Conor is more mobile than Molby was and can pick a pass, his free kick taking will get us some goals as well.
    I’m looking forward to seeing how he brings Luca on, the lad will learn a lot from him.
    What was the main complaint that you heard about our midfielders last season - ‘they were too slow’.
    (although IMO that was more a reflection on how Collins lined the players up)

So we have added to the slowness.
    If we come across other teams with quick central midfielders then Conor will struggle.
    However - will Conor be the best passer of the ball at the club - yes.
    Will he be the best passer of the ball in this league - probably.
    Will he bring experience to the squad - definitely.

The appointment of Darrell Clarke as the Head Coach has the potential to be a good appointment. ( Though I do remember the Board's first choice was Thalhammer . )

The bringing back of Hourihane suits both BFC and Hourihane. We get a leader on the pitch, a strong mentality, a quality player in dead ball situations--free kicks, corners, penalties, some subtle sh1thousery in midfield. Hourihane gets his sought after transition into coaching.

Two ticks from me so far.

Welcome back Conor.

Just what we needed a player with quality, experience and leadership brought into our young squad. Positive signing, just need a few more.

Hope it works out for both player and club.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    Apologies, only been posting on here in the last few months.
    Nothing to apologise for Nerf I’ve been on here for years it’s happened to me many times.

Nerf I don’t know the answer but I thought the answer you were given was a bit uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Nothing to apologise for Nerf I’ve been on here for years it’s happened to me many times.
    Been trying to work it out and still no wiser!

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Nerf I don’t know the answer but I thought the answer you were given was a bit uncalled for.
    It’s fine. I’m sure as a moderator they have answered a fair few times given it seems a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    Been trying to work it out and still no wiser!
    I seem to recall the word "v-ital" has some link to a rival firm to Digital Sports, the main company running the FootyMad sites, and they don't want an internet link being generated. But I could be mistaken.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast