+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Controversial goals (images inside)

re: Controversial goals (images inside)

I was behind the goal and celebrated after the first header as did everyone around me

There is youtube footage filmed from behind the goal showing it was clearly over the line. Although you can tell clearly from the bottom photo it's well over the line, the defenders right foot is well over the line and he clears the ball with his fully outstretched left leg.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller
    There is youtube footage filmed from behind the goal showing it was clearly over the line. Although you can tell clearly from the bottom photo it's well over the line, the defenders right foot is well over the line and he clears the ball with his fully outstretched left leg.
    Nobody is questioning whether it was a goal when the defender cleared it loyal, he was in the back of the net along with the ball, it's the first header when the keeper palms it out that we are unsure about.

Sorry mis-read the OP, anyway can't tell either way whether it was handball or over in between the two 'headers'
    My guess is the lino's not given handball and awarded the goal on the second header that's clearly over the line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12