+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Happy clappers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    It looks like if you disagree with the happy clappers you’re a numpty.
    Not really sure that’s always the case but yes occasionally.

I love the lead up to any match and for me it's the most important thing. Writing the Matchthread and sometimes losing myself in the moment. The expectation, the dread, the daft comments which are heartfelt by who's saying them but I find funny. The pint with mates be it virtual or at the same table.

Then there's the match.
    I raise an eyebrow at some of the team selection. I don't get too uptight about any particular match regardless of who we play. I take the piss out of a miskick. I call the ref all sorts of names but rarely good ones.
    The ah well of conceding a goal and the joy of us scoring which I share with the neighbours and anyone in earshot.
    The result sets the mood but not like it used to do!

I see the good the bad and the ugly in all games and I wonder about the what ifs but there's nowt I can change. It really doesn't bother me too.much. I'll exchange messages with mates but most of all I avoid social media for at least a day especially if we lose.

I don't know whether I'm a happy clapper but I'm certainly not a miserable get. I'm happy that we have the management team and the best squad that we've seen for years. I'm happy that we have kids coming through and being part of the first team.

I'm happy to.be a Miller!

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Good to hear from you pal.

Hope you and family are well mate?
    A lot of criticism for Warne at the moment some I understand but way over the top after Saturday. We would have taken 3rd at the start of the season however we can still finish top two.
    Take care pal.
    Hi mate. All good thanks, finally tie the knot with my Barnsley filly in September so finalising everything for the big day is exciting. My lads just started playing Rugby League for Dearne Valley Bulldogs and is doing well, M.O.T.M. last Saturday.

Hope you and yours are all well.

Yeah the criticism is over the top at this stage, we’re still right in there, we just need to click back into gear! Fwiw, if we don’t go up after the lead we had I think it may be hard for Warney to stay, think he might walk himself tbh.

All the best pal!

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Hi mate. All good thanks, finally tie the knot with my Barnsley filly in September so finalising everything for the big day is exciting. My lads just started playing Rugby League for Dearne Valley Bulldogs and is doing well, M.O.T.M. last Saturday.

Hope you and yours are all well.

Yeah the criticism is over the top at this stage, we’re still right in there, we just need to click back into gear! Fwiw, if we don’t go up after the lead we had I think it may be hard for Warney to stay, think he might walk himself tbh.

All the best pal!
    Good luck in September mate you ok with the language barrier.

The term "Happy clapper" is a lazy,childish response to people who have a reasoned,sensible approach to watching our club.
    Just because you don't have a cardiac arrest if we lose,doesn't make you some sort of soft idiot who will accept anything.
    Criticism of the manager, the players, the chairman,is absolutely fine,but to criticise someone just because you don't like them is just personal abuse,and for some reason there's plenty on here don't like Paul Warne,which I find strange.
    Maybe they feel threatened by an intelligent, funny,compationate man,and they would prefer someone who is more of a tw#t.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    The term "Happy clapper" is a lazy,childish response to people who have a reasoned,sensible approach to watching our club.
    Just because you don't have a cardiac arrest if we lose,doesn't make you some sort of soft idiot who will accept anything.
    Criticism of the manager, the players, the chairman,is absolutely fine,but to criticise someone just because you don't like them is just personal abuse,and for some reason there's plenty on here don't like Paul Warne,which I find strange.
    Maybe they feel threatened by an intelligent, funny,compationate man,and they would prefer someone who is more of a tw#t.
    It’s his management that’s a problem for some and nothing to do with his personal life I’d say.

What would you be saying if Evans was the manager at this moment in time? I’m guessing most of you would have a problem with him ,maybe some need to be reminded that we all can be hypocritical at times.

Couldn't agree more!

Proper happy clapper .

Sorry couldn’t resist that .

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It’s his management that’s a problem for some and nothing to do with his personal life I’d say.

What would you be saying if Evans was the manager at this moment in time? I’m guessing most of you would have a problem with him ,maybe some need to be reminded that we all can be hypocritical at times.
    I can`t speak for everyone else,but I takes as I find,I don`t know either man personally,but I would rather have Warne at the the head of our club,and I would disagree with you MT,for many the problem is with Warne the man,and nothing to do with his management.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast