+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We Are Shi"t..

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    Yea Sub,..I also remember Villa beating us at home,...Oh and Norwich.
    Done them a lot of good, hasn't it? Go and watch Villa and Norwich because you are obvioulsy pissed off with watching the Clarets.
    You do know that you do not have to watch, it isn't mandatory.
    They reckon that netball is a great game and physical contact is allowed, something which is disappearing from football as every game passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Done them a lot of good, hasn't it? Go and watch Villa and Norwich because you are obvioulsy pissed off with watching the Clarets.
    They reckon that netball is a great game and physical contact is allowed, something which is disappearing from football as every game passes.
    We were a hard off the pace against A team who already had 90
    Min in their legs , and has a squad teaming with talent twice over 22 first teamers waiting to go.

That doesn’t excuse our real lack of passion - aggression etc.

Our defence is. Constantly under pressure when the forwards fail to keep
    The ball and midfield parts like the Red Sea

Unusual for us mind , but we do have odd games like that

We should be OK this season, but I think it's back to the Championship the season after next.

Sorry guys, a little harsh criticism here.
    Yes, we were under-strength, a weak team out there last night,but the result was down to tactics,the manager! SD has been our hero,the king !Whats happening? I would think Dyche knows what he can expect and now his strategy is ''that's the situation I have got to make do with what I have in the powder room, I don't like it but, what do I get out of it. A job I think 3 days a week, good pay, that's a good thing ''. He must enjoy what he does its 7 years he is doing it? If he did not enjoy it he would have been off long ago. Non of the players joined Burnley,last week they have played several years and games,it should not be a problem what Dyche wants! But tactics were wrong he played like a manager of some local schoolboys.

Man City had 3 or 4 players always when starting an attack,opposite with them, we had two. How can 2 players get the ball opposite 3 or 4 players ,and even the goalkeeper joined in at times? That is City's game they do this constantly ,it's their style. By doing as SD played these tactic's left the game wide open, and that is what City want! Another way is to bring back those two players to make your defence more compact. City want an open game,but make them work harder my making the defence more solid. They defeated us by making us run like headless chickens, running left,right,left right. This play takes away your spirit ,your guts. ( In some instances, an opposing team player against City,can think 'phuck me' why am i doing all the work? This defeats your opponent on a mental level.) City pass the ball and move to an open space especially in midfield ,here we lost them, we just did not know what to do.

First games are always a problem,we were under-strength weak,but 'tactics' were poor. Did we even have a shot at their goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    You sound like a Great Netball player Substitute ,..maybe you could coach our first team...

It was a fairly abject, lifeless display but there were mitigating circumstances. There can't have been many managers in the history of the PL who had to approach a game against one of the best teams in world football with the situation Dyche had to contend with.

A seriously under-strength team, absolutely zero options off the bench and another game coming up in 72 hours time. Thursday's game is far more winnable, so a half-hearted display against City was perfectly understandable, save yourself for Thursday, because you'll be playing again, we have no other players, don't risk injury, we need you on Thursday, we have no other options. We were never going to go for it last night, that's the situation our dysfunctional board have put the manager in, no point blaming him.

If the club offered the player concerned the same level of wages and a guarantee that in the event of injury they would be supported, then if the player decided not to accept a short term contract extension there would be little the club could do in that event.
    As the players concerned are still under contract until 30th June 2020 was it the managers decision not to select them or did the players refuse to play.
    It does appear that there is a rift between the Board of Directors and Sean Dyche, if so the problem needs to be resolved with some urgency.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    If the club offered the player concerned the same level of wages and a guarantee that in the event of injury they would be supported, then if the player decided not to accept a short term contract extension there would be little the club could do in that event.
    As the players concerned are still under contract until 30th June 2020 was it the managers decision not to select them or did the players refuse to play.
    It does appear that there is a rift between the Board of Directors and Sean Dyche, if so the problem needs to be resolved with some urgency.
    According to Dyche VC, the players have made themselves unavailable, and there is plenty of disquiet in the dressing room about the way the club has treated some of the players. They were a tight knit bunch, ready to run through a brick wall for the manager and the club. Not any more, nice one Mr Garlick.

Garlick & Co have taken a swing with an axe and undermined seven years hard work by Sean Dyche and smacked a wedge between the squad that may well be terminal.

I now expect Tarkowski, McNeil and Pope to look for greener pastures elsewhere. I watched SD's post-match review following the Citeh slaughter and his usual vim and vigour had deserted him. When a manager openly admits he knows not what the Board are doing, the disconnect is usually fatal.

sinkov: Oh! I did not know that ....''and there is plenty of disquiet in the dressing room about the way the club has treated some of the players''. For sure they were beaten if they were playing as a team 'discontented' and unless 'Mr Wonder man 'comes ,(who ever that is) and patches things up,we are only headed downwards.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)