+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixtures and Tonali

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    now that would be quite something

Mind, Brighton (a), Chelsea (h) and Arsenal (a) before that is a tough run of fixtures to end with.
    All I am reading there is we can put Chelsea out of the CL spots and end Arteta’s title hopes 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    He’ll not make the Soton game fella, his ban is still in effect.

It’ll mean he is ready to go nuts in the annual 70 billion - 1 humping of Spurs 🤣
    Oh yeah, Spurs was what I meant. Got my sh!te Southern clubs starting with S mixed up.

Potato, Potato but sh! and both southern = irrelevant.

Also Everton (H) is the last game of the season… I would f**king love to clap Pickford off to the Fizzy at SJP 😉
    That would be mint. Really funny. Off to play his boyhood losers haha. He'll jump ship like the rat he is.

Is it usual for the TV picks to come out at the same time?

Also Everton (H) is the last game of the season… I would f**king love to clap Pickford off to the Fizzy at SJP ��
    It would be immense Relegate them as they move into their new stadium

It's certainly not the worst start I was expecting.

I would hope to have 11 points by the time we face City - I don't see any reason we can't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    Is it usual for the TV picks to come out at the same time?
    NO no, Sky get to now mess around with the schedule to suit their needs and make sure the fraudies are on TV the most to earn the most money and maintain their financial advantage.

Southampton fans will be travelling to an away fixture on the First Monday after the New Year to Liverpool at 8pm of course and Forest will be away to Spurs Christmas Eve just so Sky and the the Fraud 6 yield the best return on investment, other clubs and fans be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I would hope to have 11 points by the time we face City - I don't see any reason we can't have that.
    We'll have to start well as a statement of intent for the season. Everyone will be motivated, determined and angry at missing out on Europe this season. With the focus being narrowed to the domestic challenges the hunger of the squad should shine through.

With everyone fit and firing we're gonna animal most teams.

Sorting out that right sided attacking position, a supporting striker who is will be available when we need him & a bit more added quality on that right CB position are imperatives.

However, I have total faith in the club and what they are doing.

We will get in players, even if it's a signing like Harvey Barnes, (which last summer didn't WOW me but is a totally smart signing and a great improvement to the squad) in positions we need improvement as mentioned above that will be massively effective in those roles. Lift the stats in those areas of the pitch.

Chains are as strong as their weakest links. Miggy's poor conversion rates, Wilsons lack of availability, Dubs inability to block a Greggs bag in the breeze (freeking poetry I know, I'm patting myself on the back for that artistic mental image haha) are our weak links.

The club, recruitment, director and team management group are all focused on getting in the right people to upgrade those positions.

Llyod Kelly's interview, like Anthony Gordon's or Alex Isak, Tripz, Schar, Bruno, Joelinton, Burn, Barnes all the lads when you hear them speak are all of that professional determined ambitious mindset.

That is the kind of person we as a club are focused on bringing in to join the squad as a player. People who take individual ownership and responsibility.

The converse of rats like the lesser more cowardly Bruno who captain's the red filth or his laughably poor, over prices, cheating, nasty cowardly team mate Antony. Those to personify everything that is wrong with modern football players. The bad attitude, the entitlement the 'D**khead' which the club policy ensure NUFC never sign ever again.

I for one will respect the process and happily be a little more patience with the club in their hunt to get in the absolute best recruitment rather than to get wound up when a sniper choses money over the project and signs for Chelsea.

It might mean we take a few more years to really establish ourselves a title challenger long term, regularly finishing 2nd or 3rd but I'm happy to enjoy the upward journey of highs and lows, for these are the days that we as old men will sit back and talk about long into the night with our friends and grand children.

The Chris Wood era, the time we signed Facundo Ferreyra but he never kicked a ball for us to days we are living now through to that fabled moment when we see captains in Black and White shirts hoisting silverware over their heads.

Tyneside will be awash with booze for weeks.

It's coming lads, keep the faith. HWtLs

Christ Rag . . . wanted to stand up and charge into battle for you

But yes, great post and agreed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)