+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Rochdale 07.11.21 [FAC]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Just checked to see if there are replays rather than extra time and penalties if the scores are level after 90 minutes, and it seems that's the case this year up to and including the fourth round. It's hard to know whether us and Rochdale will play their strongest team, or give the fringe players some minutes on the pitch. I'll have to copy the_anticlough:

Rochdale 1-1 Notts (Roberts)
    I’ve been considering what’s the right thing to do, rest players or not. I know it’s a week until our next game, but is it worth risking injuries, suspensions. I think I’d rest(not the right word) Ruben, Wootton, Cameron or maybe not?

Anyway, I agree with Elite and AC… 1-1, I also agree with Roberts as goal scorer.

Notts have a match free week. Rochdale are playing in the EFL Trophy at home to Bolton this evening. Therefore Rochdale 0 - Notts 2.

I feel the cup is a double edged sword this year. I’d rather us just focus on the league, but on the other hand some dosh for getting through the tie would no doubt be welcome…but then we’d still have to get through another round to get a potential big game. Knowing our luck we’d get Forest Green Rovers away. I won’t be disappointed if we lose.

Rochdale 1 - 0 Notts

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    I’ve been considering what’s the right thing to do, rest players or not. I know it’s a week until our next game, but is it worth risking injuries, suspensions. I think I’d rest(not the right word) Ruben, Wootton, Cameron or maybe not?

Anyway, I agree with Elite and AC… 1-1, I also agree with Roberts as goal scorer.
    I think you have to play your strongest side as 2 weeks without a game will probably work the other way and just leave out players that have little niggles plus it’s a decent opportunity to get to the next round

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I think you have to play your strongest side as 2 weeks without a game will probably work the other way and just leave out players that have little niggles plus it’s a decent opportunity to get to the next round
    I can see the merits of going with our strongest side, tough decision. In Burch I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Yeah with no midweek game this week or next it would seem to be a good idea to play our strongest side, assuming everyone is fit. You can’t dismiss the money a cup run would bring in.

That to me is the one that finished the game on Saturday with possibly Lacey coming in for Rawlinson.

2-1 Notts. Roberts and Cameron.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 02-11-2021 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah with no midweek game this week or next it would seem to be a good idea to play our strongest side, assuming everyone is fit. You can’t dismiss the money a cup run would bring in.

That to me is the one that finished the game on Saturday with possibly Lacey coming in for Rawlinson.

2-1 Notts. Roberts and Cameron.
    Agree we should play our strongest team.

I’d be tempted to see what Francis, Vincent and Palmer are like in a midfield three, though if anyone’s earned a rest it’s Palmer. I’d maybe start Cal in place of Ruben and see what he’s like in that role with/behind Kyle. I’d also give Lacey a game, maybe in place of Rawlinson.

1-0 to the mighty Magpies, the winner coming direct from a free kick by Cal Roberts.

I think it'll be two all.

Rodders and Wootton.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Notts have a match free week. Rochdale are playing in the EFL Trophy at home to Bolton this evening.
    Rochdale 0-3 down at half time. Not sure if it means anything, but it's certainly not bad news.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast