+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ot - The Rugby League season

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ahh the old Bradford Northern ehh, who played at the appalling looking old Odsal stadium which was also used for speedway.
    And as for sending Cas down, yes I'd definitely give a thumbs up to that, I bet it was fecking hilarious.

Remember the song that fans used to love singing to us/Hull, the 'you'll never win at Wembley' song lol. Well we finally did for the first time in 2016, and funnily enough it was in the same year that my footy club also did the same thing, a first ever win at Wembley.
    Weird coincidence or what ehh.
    I've seen this the other way too .

We lost to Cardiff City in the 2008 FA cup semi final

And Trinity lost the 2008 Challenge Cup semi final to some team from East Yorkshire later on that year at the Keepmoat Stadium , by two points .

How blessed am I ?

Fecking hell !!

A couple of quality new signings announced today IMO, Lineham and Hood both at their prime age wise. With Lyne also extending his stay, so hopefully onwards and upwards from next season.

Trinity ( or Wildcats as they’d just become ) played at Oakwell and beat St Helen’s in the late 90’s.
    I think they’d just been promoted back into the Super league so it was a most unexpected result.

They reverted back to “ Trinity “ some 16/17 years later.

[QUOTE=Barnsley Chop;39846592]A couple of quality new signings announced today IMO, Lineham and Hood both at their prime age wise. With Lyne also extending his stay, so hopefully onwards and upwards from next season.[/QUOTE Dunt telmi it's Des and Robin ! I used to go quite a bit to Bell Vue to watch Trinity , although my favourite team was and still is Batley , a reyt trek going up to Mt Pleasant ,] one of the Famous Fox brother's was playing at the time , and Acido I also went to the final at Wembley Hull v Kingston Rover's ,

Quote Originally Posted by x11barnsley View Post
    Trinity ( or Wildcats as they’d just become ) played at Oakwell and beat St Helen’s in the late 90’s.
    I think they’d just been promoted back into the Super league so it was a most unexpected result.

They reverted back to “ Trinity “ some 16/17 years later.
    I never liked the Wildcats name and was glad when we got rid of it .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I never liked the Wildcats name and was glad when we got rid of it .
    Like Many others which was why eventually the club reverted back to Wakefield Trinity

[QUOTE=Romared;39846835]
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    A couple of quality new signings announced today IMO, Lineham and Hood both at their prime age wise. With Lyne also extending his stay, so hopefully onwards and upwards from next season.[/QUOTE Dunt telmi it's Des and Robin ! I used to go quite a bit to Bell Vue to watch Trinity , although my favourite team was and still is Batley , a reyt trek going up to Mt Pleasant ,] one of the Famous Fox brother's was playing at the time , and Acido I also went to the final at Wembley Hull v Kingston Rover's ,
    I remember going to a game at Batley Roma, was Don Fox playing from them. Probably was you next to me the only Batley supporter in the ground!. Only joking mate but send me your address and I'll send you a Wakey shirt and scarf in the post and take you to a game at Belle Vue next season with Animal and Acido. LET'S DO IT?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    .. and Acido I also went to the final at Wembley Hull v Kingston Rovers.
    Ahh the dreaded 1980 Final when the city of Hull was deserted apparently. You could have gone and nicked a few caravans that day as they were all at Wembley watching the Hull derby final lol.
    And we did it again in the 1983 Final against feckin Featherstone, and again in the 1985 Final against Wigan. Although that didn't quite hurt as much because Wigan were/are a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    .. Only joking mate but send me your address and I'll send you a Wakey shirt and scarf in the post and take you to a game at Belle Vue next season with Animal and Acido. LET'S DO IT?
    Hey thats a very tempting offer Mr Chopper lol, and I do appreciate it.
    But why on earth would I want to goto Bellend view and watch a team like Wakey Trin ?.
    (soz Chop kid, but I couldn't resist having a pop there)

It's derby weekend and Cas are playing Wakey at Wheldon road even as I write this.
    (I haven't looked at the score yet).
    And we hammered the crappy East Hull Rovers mob today by a single drop goal point, well they all count as wins don't they!!.
    Saints thrashed Wigan last night, and Leeds beat Huddersfield, and the missing game is Salford against the mighty Leigh, but we don't need to go into all that too much do we lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12