+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts---Bolton-v-Barnsley..Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg

Name:  IMG_9011.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  15.1 KB

REDS: Roberts (GK), O'Keeffe, J.Williams (c), de Gevigney, Earl, Cadden, Connell, Phillips, Kane, McAtee, Cosgrove.

Subs: Killip (GK), McCart, Cotter, Russell, Grant, Cole, Jaló.

BOLTON: Baxter (GK), Jones, Thomason, Santos (c), Sheehan, Toal, R.Williams, Dacres-Cogley, Charles, Maghoma, Collins.

Subs: Coleman (GK), Iredale, Ogbeta, Morley, Dempsey, Jerome, Adeboyejo.

Same system.

We are all desperate to see a much improved team performance tonight after the poor results over the last couple of months or so.

Will it happen?

Well it's now or never.

A 3-1 win and our luck returns with a win on penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    In fairness though BW - In the games I've seen us against yourselves in recent seasons those tactics have been deployed very heavily by IE. Your lad shouldve walked the other night and the ref shouldve been stronger - especially that those 2 have previous. Iredale shouldve walked for 2 bookable offences at your place in the league - both within about 30 seconds of each other. Then to top it off , Sheehan might aswell hand his legs in as he spends most of his time diving on the floor, this coupled with the numerous niggly fouls. Dont get me wrong I wish we were more like it! But you lot have 5hithousery in spades .

The one player I have been extremely impressed with is the lad Santos at the back and in fairness he looks a cut above.

I would go 3-4-3 tonight and just go for the throat - however I think we will lose 2 or 3 nil. Over the course of the season you lot deserve to go up so there'd be no complaints from me

I think a push by Toal on Cosgrove after he intentionally raised his studs down the back of Santos’ calf renno was more than justified and it’s your thug Cosgrove who should have seen red, or at least yellow. His atrocious, cowardly and needless stamp on Toals ankle 5 minutes before the end of a game they’re losing 4-0 at Wembley sums him up. Plymouth soon dumped him because he’s a pure liability and I don’t think he’ll be with you long either if you believe in football. Sorry to be so hard on him but he’s not the kind of player I’d want at my club and I sincerely hope we embarrass him tonight. I’m surprised at your view of Sheehan, he’s one of the most fouled players at Bolton and as our playmaker is often targeted but I wouldn’t say he goes down unnecessarily. There was actually some doubt about Santos tonight, I think after Cosgroves cynical scrape on his known previous calf injury but he’s been confirmed so it should be a good scrap between those two. Right, nearly time to stop the talking and see who’s got the bottle for this encounter. I just hope it’s a good game and however it goes the best team goes through. I have to think it will be us but one goal can change everything so let’s see who gets it? 😁

Be nice if Phillips gets redemption for his harsh red card last year at Wembley.

Evatt saying in pre match interviews that they are gonna play more football from the back. If its true then that's music to my ears. Let's press em and get in their faces.

Ht 2-1Name:  IMG_9014.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  12.5 KB

Last twice Grant has played, he has played well. Twitching arses now for the Whites.

At least we battled tonight, defence cost us again in that first half but we gave them a twitchy ar5e!

Unfortunately our defensive lapses cost us over the 2 legs. Stirring effort though tonight by the lads. Gave everything and more but just too much to do. Credit to all the lads for their efforts. Cosgrove was a key player tonight. He gave that Bolton defence real problems. I'm pointing him out because he's still on our books and we'll need him more than ever next season.

Really made it a close contest but as ever this season our defence not good enough.

I fear that we are heading for a good number of years lingering in League 1 with these owners.

Need a major change in recruitment policy and bring in 3-4 experienced seasoned pro's.

What a fight back, absolutely superb performance in that second half you really had us on the wrack and I honestly feel embarrassed that we won because I don’t think you deserved to lose. Mental strength has been our problem all season, if only we had half your guys never say die attitude. After my criticism of Cosgrove pre match I’ve got to admit that he was immense tonight and gave our defence a real torrid time. I hope we can succeed in the final but after that performance it should give you massive confidence next season. If I were you I’d give Disco the job next year because he was hugely instrumental in that performance tonight. Good luck next year.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast