+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No denying the facts

re: No denying the facts

You state Vale, Scunny Wigan and Bury are average sides. Vales budget has recently gone up to £2.1 Milllion, Bury could afford a rumoured £6k a week 3 year deal for Pope, Wigan have a £10 million budget and Scunny are bankrolled by a wealthy backer. Sorry mate, and I don't mean this to sound offensive, but Crewe will always be where they are until your directors show ambition.
    The tag little tinpot Crewe will never change until you as fans start waking up and smell the coffee instead of lapping up everything your directors do.

Thought the 'tag' was ' most admired club in the Football league? Part of the reason being the clubs virtual self financing status.

The tag referred to only seems to be applied by clubs spending beyond their means. When the benefactor leaves there is then a massive financial hole to fill and many clubs cannot cope.

Vale, Scunny Wigan and Bury - yep, all have money, all have spent - but on average players!
    Average sides!

And still, they're all teams that we cannot beat - and in three of the cases looked significantly worse than.

SIR, SIR, that horrible Renegade has done a negative post. SIR, he is only trying to spoil our wonderful positive posts. EEK.

Renegade is factually correct. I'm not sure which game he is referring to when we looked better (I was not at S****horpe), but I thought we were much better second half v. Wigan.

It's been a poor start to the season, but there are reasons for some optimism on the pitch - excluding the two newest loanees as I have not seen or seen enough of them.
    I feel that midfield is slowly beginning to gel; the defence will be a lot better when they work together and not as individuals; and the attack ... well, we've got energy and skill, but no end result as yet.

At the moment we have a great goalkeeper (and Richards doesn't look bad either), but we can't keep relying on Garratt to keep our head above water.

I'd hoped that we would have settled and be playing as a tuned team a little sooner, but there's a long way to go. Hopefully, for us, the direction will be upwards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12