+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Sinking Quite A Few Beers

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Sorry to hear that hope you get something quickly.

This might help in the short term, KDA at Dodeth are looking for permanent full time staff, I was there yesterday. I suspect it will be close to minimum wage but its better then nothing.

Good luck.
    Thanks for that Ethel .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    And why not , just lost my job , redundant , shut the whole sector down across England and Scotland , I finish in the middle of march .

Hundreds of us , gone , just like that .

At 1.55pm yesterday afternoon not a care in the world and by 2.10pm take that .

Good innit .

Big boys trousers on and we carry on , I'll find something very soon .

Cheers !!!
    No,! Bad news mate.
    Happened to me in June. Hope you get sorted out soon mate

Aye I feel for you Animal, bin theear missen mate and being self employed I couldn't claim owt they teld me at job centre. The company owed me over a £1000 in wages which i never saw. Almost 4 months off wi nowt coming in and mi first bairn wo unly 6month old. To add insult to injury we ed bailiffs brayin us front dooer darn asking for a work van that I'd apparently sold, I can't even bloody drive so nowt wo registered to me until obviously some b@stard from the company (who'd probably seld it thessens) decided to register the vehicle in my name

Keep thi chin up mate and all the best in your search for employment.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    And why not , just lost my job , redundant , shut the whole sector down across England and Scotland , I finish in the middle of march .

Hundreds of us , gone , just like that .

At 1.55pm yesterday afternoon not a care in the world and by 2.10pm take that .

Good innit .

Big boys trousers on and we carry on , I'll find something very soon .

Cheers !!!
    Very sorry to hear that animal. I fear that if and when Brexit happens it will effect many people especially in towns like Barnsley. I hope you get fixed up soon.

Best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    Very sorry to hear that animal. I fear that if and when Brexit happens it will effect many people especially in towns like Barnsley. I hope you get fixed up soon.

Best wishes
    One of our most respected posters loses his job & you take the opportunity to get your anti brexit dig in
    How is that in any way helpful?

Put in for goats old job animal I'm 1000% sure you'd do a good job

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    One of our most respected posters loses his job & you take the opportunity to get your anti brexit dig in
    How is that in any way helpful?
    Geeor. Thing are bad enough losing your job, without anyone scoring Political,points, either of you.

Sorry to hear.
    There's not a lot out there, especially for us over 50's.
    I took early retirement 10 years ago and thought it would be easy to find work to top up my pension.
    I got a job at William Hills straight away but they're not good to work for. If you don't mind working weekends and evenings it's easy work and you get plenty of banter with the regulars.
    As for getting a steady job with regular hours that's a different matter.
    Half the jobs you apply for you won't even get a reply.
    It's worth getting someone to help you with your CV & applications.
    It's a different world nowadays and there's a knack to filling in applications.
    Keep plugging away. I dropped lucky. I applied for maternity cover at a stockbrokers. They offered me a permanent job and I've been there over 8 years.
    Something will crop up if you keep at it.
    If you get in somewhere part time or temporary they'll keep you on if you impress.

who did you work for ?

so you finish middle of march.... get down the doctor an go on the sick , bad back, depression, etc etc , they cannot disprove them.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast