+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nervous

I'm a bit weary of facing Wrexham again simply because they have played us twice in a short space of time.They have faced the new improved Notts and might have prepared a cunning plan to combat the new free flowing footy..
    A plan that probably includes kicking Miller and Rodders of the park at all costs which with a weak referee in charge could pay dividends..!

I am getting very nervous too - it is Notts after all.

I really don't want Wrexham home or away. I know we have beaten them twice but in spells, they looked very dangerous with their pretty direct style with big athletic forwards.

The Racecourse is an intimidating place with fans in, I have been several times.

I would prefer Eastleigh or Chesterfield but they are also very decent sides so whoever we get is going to be a real challenge.

Just hope if we get a home tie, I can get a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Bromley will be up for it on Saturday its do or die for them. It wont be a thrashing. We will do well to win.
    Notts will be up for it too and we are the in-form team at the mo. I don't know Bromley's record against the top teams but Notts have scored an average of over three goals in each of their last four games. We haven't been lucky or out-thought have we? Of the other three teams in our position, really we should be the team to be feared.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Notts will be up for it too and we are the in-form team at the mo. I don't know Bromley's record against the top teams but Notts have scored an average of over three goals in each of their last four games. We haven't been lucky or out-thought have we? Of the other three teams in our position, really we should be the team to be feared.
    We might be the in form team over the last 6 games or so but I wouldn’t dismiss Bromley. Their form is better over a longer period. 1 loss since end of March or 1 loss in 12. In those games they have played us, Hartlepool, Torquay, Stockport, Chesterfield (twice) and Daggers (only popped them in due to their very good form).
    That all said. If we play as we have, and with another week of IB’s coaching, I am confident of at least a point.
    Also since the end of Feb Bromley’s home form reads DWDWLDWLW.... bit of a pattern and would suggest they are due a D or L (clutches straws)
    Last edited by Notts78; 27-05-2021 at 07:14 AM.

Saturday tough game but ultimately free hit.
    Playoffs still a lottery.
    Whatever the result on Saturday we go into the lottery with confidence.
    Anything can happen just happy we are invited to the end of season dance.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I tend to think the same way Laxton... Notts playing with confidence at the moment so none of the teams should scare us, I still think the Daggers can do a job on Wrexham tomorrow and with other results going against them they might miss out altogether..

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    I really don't want Wrexham home or away. I know we have beaten them twice but in spells, they looked very dangerous with their pretty direct style with big athletic forwards.

The Racecourse is an intimidating place with fans in, I have been several times.

I would prefer Eastleigh or Chesterfield but they are also very decent sides so whoever we get is going to be a real challenge.
    Agree, in sports it's easier psychologically to play a team that's beaten you twice (Eastleigh) than one you've beaten (Wrexham), gets you in the hunter's mentality rather than the hunted.
    It's most likely gonna be Wrexham though. I doubt Daggers can help and it's just down to us to meet them at the Lane rather than the Racecourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Its a free hit for Notts, against a team that should come at them , like the playoffs, so i see only positives from this game, and if notts can deal with them, they can deal with anyone
    I would imagine there is more pressure on Bromide than there is on us. Pressure can do funny things to a team. Having said that, I'd take a draw any day of the week, we need that 'first round' home game to ease us in to the P/O's, IMHAHO.

We need to 'respect the point' on Saturday.

I wonder how many of the other teams are thinking, I don't want to face Notts County,
    Bromley can't sit back and just counter attack. They have to win so they have to be on the front foot.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast