+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazon - Disgusting Company

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Single handedly killed the high street!
    I think supermarkets and shopping centres had more than a hand in the death of the high street too.

Not to mention the rise in shop rent, don't know exactly how much but I'm reliably informed rent rises are a huge part of why Bearwood Road had so many empty units when I was last over there.

Many former shops in the Erdington area have been converted to HMOs. Don't be too surprised if Bearwood Road goes the same way.

The one other area no one ever talks about is how many UK small to medium firms sell their products via Amazon.

If Amazon didn’t exist would they be taking up all the empty High St properties? I suspect not.

Think of the Amazon warehouse as a covered market where lots of businesses, including Amazon themselves, sell their products via the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    The one other area no one ever talks about is how many UK small to medium firms sell their products via Amazon.

If Amazon didn’t exist would they be taking up all the empty High St properties? I suspect not.

Think of the Amazon warehouse as a covered market where lots of businesses, including Amazon themselves, sell their products via the internet.

Yes many wholesalers sell via Amazon through greed but then they lose their suppliers because Amazon hammer the prices and conquer the market - that's life you may say but sadly it's not a level playing field as small businesses pay their taxes and Amazon avoid it!!! Amazon should pay UK taxes on UK sales and capital expenditure ( every year ) should not erase profits ie warehouses, machinery etc etc which is what they are clever at doing to avoid taxation - every f uckin year!

If you are happy ordering from a company who are crooks ( tax avoidance ), whose drivers who can't speak English dump your parcels usually from standard cars , and whose chat line is usually in a poor Far East Country plus they are useless - then that's fine. Even a lot of Amazon's prices if you really look around are not cheap!

With the cost of living crisis wherever possible - I prefer to hand my cash to visible local businesses!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Single handedly killed the high street!
    No they didn’t.

I’m a retailer and an e-tailer, I’ve survived and I’ve thrived through nous and hard work.

The High St was on it’s a r s e long before Amazon turned up, mainly due to lazy retailers too stuck in their ways and unwilling to move with modern times.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    No they didn’t.

I’m a retailer and an e-tailer, I’ve survived and I’ve thrived through nous and hard work.

The High St was on it’s a r s e long before Amazon turned up, mainly due to lazy retailers too stuck in their ways and unwilling to move with modern times.

I agree but the main reason is the younger generation do most things on line. For example most over 65’s would still go into an high street travel agent because that’s what they have always done. Most savvy young people would book flights on the internet and then book accommodation direct.

Many use Amazon because it’s easy and if they don’t like it - they can return the item! Where the item can be hassle to return or a cost - some damage it/scratch it then it’s an Amazon problem!

Annoys me that high street shops quite rightly were made to charge for plastic bags due to the environment but those c unts at Amazon have total disrespect for the environment by sending a very small item in a huge box with loads of brown packing paper!! Selfish and they should be hammered for it! Don’t these t wats have small boxes like most smaller businesses?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I agree but the main reason is the younger generation do most things on line. For example most over 65’s would still go into an high street travel agent because that’s what they have always done. Most savvy young people would book flights on the internet and then book accommodation direct.

Many use Amazon because it’s easy and if they don’t like it - they can return the item! Where the item can be hassle to return or a cost - some damage it/scratch it then it’s an Amazon problem!

Annoys me that high street shops quite rightly were made to charge for plastic bags due to the environment but those c unts at Amazon have total disrespect for the environment by sending a very small item in a huge box with loads of brown packing paper!! Selfish and they should be hammered for it! Don’t these t wats have small boxes like most smaller businesses?
    Al rant as much as you like but now and again can you use reality and not just make things up.

I am in my 70s pre Covid holidayed independently several times a year and have not used a travel agent for at least 30 years because I haven’t done package holidays since the kids became independent.

My friend who owns an independent travel agency on a High St struggled due to so many people, like me, booking flights, hotels etc on the internet and after nearly 40 years got out of the business because the model no longer was viable as customers had changed. Don’t be so ageist!!!

Most people I know use Amazon because they are pleased with the total service, convenience, price, returns policy. If they weren’t they would stop, no one is making them use Amazon. By the way I use Amazon Music Unlimited to stream through my Alexa and am very happy to pay for the privilege.

Al rant as much as you like but now and again can you use reality and not just make things up.

I am in my 70s pre Covid holidayed independently several times a year and have not used a travel agent for at least 30 years because I haven’t done package holidays since the kids became independent.

My friend who owns an independent travel agency on a High St struggled due to so many people, like me, booking flights, hotels etc on the internet and after nearly 40 years got out of the business because the model no longer was viable as customers had changed. Don’t be so ageist!!!

Most people I know use Amazon because they are pleased with the total service, convenience, price, returns policy. If they weren’t they would stop, no one is making them use Amazon. By the way I use Amazon Music Unlimited to stream through my Alexa and am very happy to pay for the privilege.
    Complete and utter tosh. If you're over 70 you've never even heard of the internet much less know how to use it.

You couldn't even post on here without your great grandkids helping out you gibbering nappy wetter, apart from that I completely agree with you........ yours, Al' 😊 😉 .

Just opinions! By the way I was in the Travel Trade for almost 25 years and it’s not about being ageist - it’s a fact the younger generation make their own packages which is why the Tour Operators have tried to adapt. For instance nobody in this day and age needs a resort rep - in Benidorm in the 90’s TUI had around 200 resort staff - they now don’t even have 50 and most are office based! Yes companies like SAGA are still strong and those who travel want a traditional package!

I am pleased you like Amazon! My dislike for Amazon is tax avoidance even if they are clever and how s hitty they treat their staff! I like giving my cash if possible to caring or local companies!

Some like Livermore and think Bruce is great - good luck to them! I don’t and my view is perhaps stronger after spending cash going to both away games!

PS - I love streaming too but not paying for it so extra pints on away matches 😂

It's almost as though you've completely ignored most of his post to reinforce your own opinion. 'You couldn't make it up '. 🤣🤣🤣 .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    It's almost as though you've completely ignored most of his post to reinforce your own opinion. 'You couldn't make it up '. 🤣🤣🤣 .

My opinion is my opinion and great if someone does not agree! Some might not agree that you stir things up but hey - your comedy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)