+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: That’s what happens....

Quote Originally Posted by mwblade View Post
    How do you score two goals when you only have one shot on target.
    I'm sure i said IF that's IF we'd won 2-1.I've said on Sean's thread we dint do enuff to win in my view but it's 1 game,disapointin yes of course it was.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I'm sure i said IF that's IF we'd won 2-1.I've said on Sean's thread we dint do enuff to win in my view but it's 1 game,disapointin yes of course it was.UTCB
    So you were speaking hypothetically in order to stay positive and be the biggest blade in the world. Got ya.

Wilder likes Lundstram and Evans too much. Partly because they're both recent cash signings.

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    Wilder likes Lundstram and Evans too much. Partly because they're both recent cash signings.
    Not true. He likes Lundstram because he always shares his Jelly Babies, and he likes Evans because of his warm and friendly smile.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Because we'd offer £800,000 And it would get rejected

Then £900,000
    Then a £1,000,000 final offer and a word to the newspapers that we won't be held to ransom

Then Swansea or somebody would come in and say

"Hello is that Nottingham Forest"
    "Yes"
    "How much do you want for McKay"
    "£1.5 million"
    "Ok, here you go"

Job done
    This sums up The Blades Way as well as anything I've ever seen.

Watched Alioski and Saiz torment Stoke earlier today, two players that stood out last season during an underperforming campaign for Leeds. Two match winners with some flair, who combined cost about half of what we got for Brooks. The type of players we should be looking at and scouting ? But 'wage structure' people shout, another excuse for money coming in not being spent.

We were told we didn't need to sell Brooks, so it stands to reason the 12 million quid should be reinvested - especially on a like for like replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post
    Watched Alioski and Saiz torment Stoke earlier today, two players that stood out last season during an underperforming campaign for Leeds. Two match winners with some flair, who combined cost about half of what we got for Brooks. The type of players we should be looking at and scouting ? But 'wage structure' people shout, another excuse for money coming in not being spent.

We were told we didn't need to sell Brooks, so it stands to reason the 12 million quid should be reinvested - especially on a like for like replacement.
    Wage structure and a refusal to look outside of the UK and Ireland.

I hope I'm wrong but is it possible that Tufty is a great lower league manager where spirit and passion are enough to win games, but isn't exactly suited for the championship and above? This isn't Sunday league. Players have different values and are worth different wages. If Brooks and JOC want to leave, what benefit have we got from keeping our wage structure in place? It's clearly not keeping people here. What benefit are we getting from playing only British and Irish players when we're not playing and communicating as a team anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Of course there are weaknesses 58,all teams have weaknesses my point is some are goin way over the top in my view, if by Xmas we aint won a game then i think we can say we are gunna struggle for the season. UTCB
    Love you to bits mate but thought you were way too old to be clapping like a baby seal. If it looks like shi t , smells like s h it it's s h i t.
    Evans and Lundstrum IS S H I T. Telling the TRUTH dosen't make you any less of a f u c king BIG TRUEBLADE. Try it sometime mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post

I hope I'm wrong but is it possible that Tufty is a great lower league manager where spirit and passion are enough to win games, but isn't exactly suited for the championship and above? This isn't Sunday league. Players have different values and are worth different wages. If Brooks and JOC want to leave, what benefit have we got from keeping our wage structure in place? It's clearly not keeping people here. What benefit are we getting from playing only British and Irish players when we're not playing and communicating as a team anyway?
    I don't think foreign players drink enough beer for Wilder's liking. I've heard some of them only go out on the p1ss once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post

It makes sense that if there's no value in the English market we should be looking to the massive pool of talent in Europe. It 's not like it's new to us, Flo, Marcelo, Borbokis ... all players that left their mark. It's almost negligent how we've ignored the market, especially with all the McCabes' big talk of a network of clubs covering four continents.

CW can pluck lower league talent and within his system and structure get reasoable performances, but we're not going to find a player like Saiz at Oxford or Northampton we can pick up for a million or two. We need to be making our money go further, we need more innovation when it comes to recruitment.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast