+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FA Trophy Semi-Final Draw

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    Harrogate away in the first leg
    Ok, this was the only team who I was worried about. If we beat them over 2 legs we should piss the final against one of the others

Disappointing tie to be honest, also I think this would have made a good final.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    Disappointing tie to be honest, also I think this would have made a good final.
    Made worse by the fact we are likely to have 2 tough cup games during a glut of tough league games. Would have been nice to play one of the lower league sides, put them to the sword in the first leg (hopefully) and rest a few for the second leg. Not likely now. Unless we are put to the sword by Harrogate

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Made worse by the fact we are likely to have 2 tough cup games during a glut of tough league games. Would have been nice to play one of the lower league sides, put them to the sword in the first leg (hopefully) and rest a few for the second leg. Not likely now. Unless we are put to the sword by Harrogate
    Not sure why it needs to be 2 legs either. Lower league clubs already have fixture pile ups at this stage of the season due to postponed games so a 2 leg semi final doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    Not sure why it needs to be 2 legs either. Lower league clubs already have fixture pile ups at this stage of the season due to postponed games so a 2 leg semi final doesn't help.
    I'm not sure a fixture pile up is the worst thing for us. Easily our best run of results/performances came over Christmas when we were just playing every couple of days, we've gone off the boil since it's gone back to one game a week!

So if we get past the might of Harrogate, we'll play a part-time team at Wemberley.

Let’s hope all those potential opponents can field full teams, a lot of people do building work in May,, and big Dave will be saving for his holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I'm not sure a fixture pile up is the worst thing for us. Easily our best run of results/performances came over Christmas when we were just playing every couple of days, we've gone off the boil since it's gone back to one game a week!
    Maybe so. Slocombe, McCrory and Booty back in contention would certainly help.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    So if we get past the might of Harrogate, we'll play a part-time team at Wemberley.

Let’s hope all those potential opponents can field full teams, a lot of people do building work in May,, and big Dave will be saving for his holidays.
    I'm starting to believe that you're not keen on the FA Trophy fatlad.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Ok, this was the only team who I was worried about. If we beat them over 2 legs we should piss the final against one of the others
    My thoughts too.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I'm starting to believe that you're not keen on the FA Trophy fatlad.
    Too right Sinbad, Forest fans have got enough to take the piss out of us without a potential big Wembley final against....Royston, or any of those others that no f00ker has ever heard of.

That’s aside from fixture congestion, injuries etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast