+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Becchio allowed to speak with derby

re: Becchio allowed to speak with derby

the difference is that whether you want to admit it or not under clough we was never in a position where we were genuinely challenging for automatic promotion like we are now.

the prize is huge and they may be willing to take a little bit more of a gamble. if it's a loan it's hardly committing beyond our means. 5 months @ 15k and you're talking what 325k? hardly gonna break the bank.

I wont go into detail again but at present Cloughs and McClarens results this season LFL are very similar so you cant actually say that! The next few weeks will make that clearer!

And the bank is pretty much broken already with ?7m losses. Its not just one player tho is it we have a number of players and if its ?15k a week thats probable not including tax which could almost double it! And what if a gamble doesnt pay off its boom and bust then where are you.

I cant see after years of balancing the books we are going to go for broke. I am actually sure any reasoning behind the scenes are done with proper analysis taking into consideration strength of opposition and understand better what true position we are in.

I saw this on twitter for those asking so the source isn't the greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea
    I wont go into detail again but at present Cloughs and McClarens results this season LFL are very similar so you cant actually say that! The next few weeks will make that clearer!

And the bank is pretty much broken already with ?7m losses. Its not just one player tho is it we have a number of players and if its ?15k a week thats probable not including tax which could almost double it! And what if a gamble doesnt pay off its boom and bust then where are you.

I cant see after years of balancing the books we are going to go for broke. I am actually sure any reasoning behind the scenes are done with proper analysis taking into consideration strength of opposition and understand better what true position we are in.
    you can entirely take results out of it. what matters is that we're only 3 points off automatic promotion and 8 points clear of 7th place.

you know as well as I do that £325k is not 'going for broke'. 7m losses does not me

Not necessarily 'go for broke', but there has been noise coming from the club about making funds available in January as we will be in a position to plush on. Both Rush and Appleby have said this. So 'after years of balancing the books' I can see us spending more in this window than many windows previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid
    the difference is that whether you want to admit it or not under clough we was never in a position where we were genuinely challenging for automatic promotion like we are now.

the prize is huge and they may be willing to take a little bit more of a gamble. if it's a loan it's hardly committing beyond our means. 5 months @ 15k and you're talking what 325k? hardly gonna break the bank.
    Agree there Rapid.. Any good business makes strategic investments which are sometimes risky, you have to in order to progress and develop. Yes the basic business plan is in place, your cost structures are in place but they should not be the be all and end all of how you run the business.
    Opportunity has arisen this year (which was not there in previous years).
    As you say the prize is huge, GSE would be negligent almost if they did not look at this opportunity (promotion).. I have no idea whether there is any mileage in the Becchio rumour but the basic

Quote Originally Posted by Bear DCFC

Not necessarily 'go for broke', but there has been noise coming from the club about making funds available in January as we will be in a position to plush on. Both Rush and Appleby have said this. So 'after years of balancing the books' I can see us spending more in this window than many windows previously.[/quote]

Whos been making the noises and how?

Or is that an interpretation of what has been said?

I suspect the signing of Bamford will put an end to this interest in Becchio. He's 30 so maybe not ideal for a perm signing anyway.

Not necessarily 'go for broke', but there has been noise coming from the club about making funds available in January as we will be in a position to plush on. Both Rush and Appleby have said this. So 'after years of balancing the books' I can see us spending more in this window than many windows previously.[/quote]

Whos been making the noises and how?

Or is that an interpretation of what has been said?[/quote]

Take it you did not see the interview with Andy Appleby, filmed outside the ground before Xmas??

Trouble is you and your super-brain would doubtless interpret the plain simple

Well obviously it must be superior to yours as I asked a question and you clearly missed that.

Unlike you I dont assume and I dont make statements unless I have seen evidence for myself. So I havent seen an interview that suddenly makes a difference to intelligence does it?

The problem is I do understand what is said and not what I interpret is said ... can you think of any that do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)