+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who would settle for...

re: who would settle for...

Take heart people, I see Bristol City 1 CAFC 2 & CAFC 2 Preston 0 and then we'll be wondering what all the fuss was about.

Quote Originally Posted by crewebacca
    Take heart people, I see Bristol City 1 CAFC 2 & CAFC 2 Preston 0 and then we'll be wondering what all the fuss was about.

A few people on here gave up weeks ago!
    No chance of changing their minds now!

I for one can't wait to witness our first victory at AG in a century!!
    I just worry about Baldock/Emmanuel-Thomas (does that mean they have 12 on the pitch? ) versus Ellis/Duggy!

Quote Originally Posted by One_Dean_Ashton
    needing to beat Preston on the last day to be guaranteed staying up???

I would!!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe

I would!! [/quote]

We have to win now and cannot rely on Tranmere losing at home to Bradford. I can see both Tranmere and Notts winning those final matches.

We had a great chance last week and did not take it. I am not saying that we cannot stay up, although we certainly have made things very difficult for ourselves and this will put us all through a very stressful afternoon next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Dean_Ashton
    Great call One Dean Ashton!! Given the season we have have I would def have settled for this. So yeah, bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    We have to win now and cannot rely on Tranmere losing at home to Bradford.

C'mon Mick, forget what's gone, (Colchester et al). Can't do anything about those.
    Whose position would you rather have right now? - Crewe's or Tranny's?

As for stressful, don't buy that. Just enjoy it. Give me an end of season like this over mid-table mediocrity any day. Far more exciting. Far more VFM.

Yes, I'd be gutted if we went down after the hard work over the last 2 years - but I don't think that way! A win is the only thing in my sights. I'd imagine Steve will see it similar.

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe
    We have to win now and cannot rely on Tranmere losing at home to Bradford.

C'mon Mick, forget what's gone, (Colchester et al). Can't do anything about those.
    Whose position would you rather have right now? - Crewe's or Tranny's?

As for stressful, don't buy that. Just enjoy it. Give me an end of season like this over mid-table mediocrity any day. Far more exciting. Far more VFM.

Yes, I'd be gutted if we went down after the hard work over the last 2 years - but I don't think that way! A win is the only thing in my sights. I'd imagine Steve will see it similar.[/quote]

Are you travelling up to Crewe for non-stressful game, Somerset?

I would actually prefer to be in the position of Colchester right now, as they are safe and well and will be playing L1 football next season. Had we have beaten them, and they were there for the taking, there would have been 4 other teams in the

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    Are you travelling up to Crewe for non-stressful game, Somerset?

I've learned a long time ago that it is easier to watch than listen - so with that in mind, and work permitting, (some juggling to do there still), I'm going to do my damnedest to get there.

It feels a bit like 2005 - and I had to work that day. My god, that was hellish listening!!

But not stressful. I've learned a lot about that topic in the past year too. And the trials and tribulations of any football club, let alone my beloved Crewe, pale in comparison.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12