+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: At last some "football" news concerning the Alex

re: At last some "football" news concerning the Alex

Mick, I don't get to many games, but I was right there behind the goal at Fleetwood, and if you could have seen the careworn, defeated look on Tootle's face as he trudged up to the spot for the first pen, you would have known that he had beaten himself before he started. Sure enough, his tentative effort didn't go in.

Yes, he has been a good servant, quite effective even at LB, when he concentrates hard and tries to eliminate error even if not much of a threat going forward. But he must have experienced disapointment over the summer in not getting the move of his dreams and doesn't really seem there for us these days.

A pity if we can now command no fee for him, but with what we've got bubbling under (Turton, of course, can play R, we may as well get rid.

vdp turton is NOT a rb and never was!!!!! otherwise agree with you. dont you think james baillie who is a rb is the option(as in our current rb) ? just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by number1stuartevans
    vdp turton is NOT a rb and never was!!!!! otherwise agree with you. dont you think james baillie who is a rb is the option(as in our current rb) ? just saying.
    I mentioned this in another thread. Turton is not a rb, but has played there as it is what the club do to help blood a youngster into the first team.

eg Westwood, Whalley etc

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009
    Mick, I don't get to many games, but I was right there behind the goal at Fleetwood, and if you could have seen the careworn, defeated look on Tootle's face as he trudged up to the spot for the first pen, you would have known that he had beaten himself before he started. Sure enough, his tentative effort didn't go in.

Yes, he has been a good servant, quite effective even at LB, when he concentrates hard and tries to eliminate error even if not much of a threat going forward. But he must have experienced disapointment over the summer in not getting the move of his dreams and doesn't really seem there for us these days.

A pity if we can now command no fee for him, but with what we've got bubbling under (Turton, of course, can play R, we may as well get rid.
    Toots is not going to be there for us again this weekend, as he has now turned his ankle in training. From being ever present in the team, he is now becoming injury pron

That's good news, Mick, because it still concerns me that Leeds will want Ajose back.

Well, any other club in their position would, but of course this is Leeds. With the 'coach-eater' of an owner who doesn't like the number 17, and consequently any player who wears that shirt, and with whom any manager is effectively on a one-week rolling contract.

So maybe he will summon up another forward from Serie B or even a tier or two lower.

It might even be Mathias Pogba!

Latest on Saturday is the possibility of SD naming his bench minus a substitute goalkeeper.

The loss of Scott Shearer to Burton has left Ben Garratt as the only senior goalie at the club. Youth team keeper Liam Matthews would be next in line, although he has not been assigned a squad number.

Steve says he would like to sign a free agent before the weekend, but admits that may not be possible. He does not want, however, to overload his quota of loan players, so a loan replacement looks unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009

Pogs really isn't doing a great deal so far. A quick search tells me he's played a massive 28 minutes so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by AlsagerCrewie

Pogs really isn't doing a great deal so far. A quick search tells me he's played a massive 28 minutes so far this season.[/quote]

Oh dear, on face value...this probably serves him right for leaving us at the last possible moment and in turn leaving SD in the lurch. Perhaps he has bitten off more than he can chew?

Ness has signed on for the rest of the season. Just one more to tie up now, although it won't be easy... Ajose.

re: At last some

I'm ecstatic about this. Ness, to me, is the final piece of the jigsaw. Ajose would be the icing on the cake, but I'm not worried if he stays at Leeds or goes elsewhere.

With LDV, Stewart, Leigh and Ness we look much more solid in the middle; Tate and Harry D. at the back; and Ikpeazu and Cooper up front.

The bench looks pretty strong 'n all. I just hope that Marcus Aurelius watches and learns from Uche. Somewhere in that big centurion there is a good footballer waiting to come out. :-D We waited for Jamie Ness, and it appeared, so let's hope lads like Haber and Inman shake off their woes and perform to the ability we know they have.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast