+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will we be in 5 years' time?

re: Where will we be in 5 years' time?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy
    Some good points but:

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2
    First and foremost we still need to have a club alive to support. In five years' time the club needs to be financially breaking even (at least) so we never again reach the knife-edge situation we faced under Scardino and then under Munto.
    Do any clubs in our sphere break even? I would have thought that most require a constant drip-feeding, but certainly the haemorraging of money needed to stop.
    4 days ago Yeovil announced for 2013/14 a profit of 1.4M, I know they are going to be relegated this season but it shows clubs in our sphere can make a profit.
    [/quote]

Well yes and no. That money didn't come from our sphere but the Championship plus a moneyspinner against Man U which we flunked. But they got relegated and are going to most likely get relegated again. Wonder what this year's profits are going to be?

I agree with you magicianpie i think ray's biggest mistake was not giving SC everything he needed to make us a success in league 1, especially after all the money what's been wasted on poor managers and paying them off and all the poor players we have had over the past 5 years. All these poor decisions have finally caught up with our club

Sorry for being negative but If things carry on the way they're going we'll be in the conference by then.
    I just don't see any ambition whatsoever.

I not say what i think as i got shot down on here a couple of weeks ago for saying it. I was told i was over reacting and so and so. But i only say what i have to say because i care very deeply about our club and i am very very worried about where we are going under these owners.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob61
    Sorry for being negative but If things carry on the way they're going we'll be in the conference by then.
    I just don't see any ambition whatsoever.
    Sorry BB60 but there is ambition there, it is just so poorly directed (or the constraints are insurmountable) it is unbelievable. Logic says an injection of £19m is not done lightly.

Top of the prem obviously, it's the 5 year plan

Just outside of the relegation zone in League One.

Sidn and Charles having the Trews around for dinner, with Charles saying "Now what about the plan?"

Quote Originally Posted by rekz2014
    I agree with you magicianpie i think ray's biggest mistake was not giving SC everything he needed to make us a success in league 1, especially after all the money what's been wasted on poor managers and paying them off and all the poor players we have had over the past 5 years. All these poor decisions have finally caught up with our club
    To be fair to the Trews I guess they had their reasons for not going the Cotterill way and they weren't to know what was going to happen in the future.

However, I have no faith in them now, to appoint PP to CEO is Bizzare at least . The one thing we need now is direction with someone well respected in the game giving us some direction to at least stay in this division. My biggest fear is that we are relegated into the conference where it wil be extremely difficult to get out of and the ground / stadium issue will reappear again.

The sad thing is it now seems far more likely we'll be playing non-league football in the not-so-distant future than Championship football. Not so long ago it seemed possible that we could make it to 'the promised land', but that dream has long since died.

As a fan, I don't necessarily need success (otherwise I'd support a different team), but I do need to feel like success is possible, however unlikely. Dreaming is half the fun. At the moment it feels as though the club is slowly sinking. I can't imagine a successful season next year, whether we stay up or not.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast