+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paul Lambert - new Rovers manager

re: Paul Lambert - new Rovers manager

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo
    OK what time do we meet in Uncle Jacks?
    There's a game in Preston on Saturday. I say we meet at a watering hole there

[quote="AucklandRover"]It is a relief to see Lambert selected, compared to some of thes put forward.
    He has a decent record, although Aston Villa fans gradually became frustrated with his limited tactics. As it says in Wiki, they suggested he was guilty of "putting out a counterattacking side with no plan B". (Sounds strangely familiar, that!)
    He is definitely a "results" manager (as Sam was), and I hope we get an immediate "bounce" effect from his appointment.
    I doubt that we will see a shift to flowing, attractive football, though, as that has not been the style he has generated at most of his clubs. However, I imagine that won't attract much criticism for a long while, as long as he can produce the points needed.
    I understand Champs's view that we should, perhaps, have taken a gamble on an up-and-comer, but Venky's have been bitten several times by gambles, and it looks as if they have gone down the "percentages" route this time.
    We all need to g

[quote="jordan12rhodes"]It is a relief to see Lambert selected, compared to some of thes put forward.
    He has a decent record, although Aston Villa fans gradually became frustrated with his limited tactics. As it says in Wiki, they suggested he was guilty of "putting out a counterattacking side with no plan B". (Sounds strangely familiar, that!)
    He is definitely a "results" manager (as Sam was), and I hope we get an immediate "bounce" effect from his appointment.
    I doubt that we will see a shift to flowing, attractive football, though, as that has not been the style he has generated at most of his clubs. However, I imagine that won't attract much criticism for a long while, as long as he can produce the points needed.
    I understand Champs's view that we should, perhaps, have taken a gamble on an up-and-comer, but Venky's have been bitten several times by gambles, and it looks as if they have gone down the

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    There's a game in Preston on Saturday. I say we meet at a watering hole there [/quote]

I'd love to but have a prior engagement in Manchester

[quote="AucklandRover"]It is a relief to see Lambert selected, compared to some of thes put forward.
    I understand Champs's view that we should, perhaps, have taken a gamble on an up-and-comer, but Venky's have been bitten several times by gam

I understand Champs's view that we should, perhaps, have taken a gamble on an up-and-comer, but Venky's have been bitten several times by gam

Aucks I know where you're coming from.
    There is still a hell of a lot of 'bile' out there, who have had their heads turned from the JA, SS, SK escapade.
    Our renowned patience as a supporting public has been severely tested, possibly well beyond any others, but on a par with say Leeds , Newc Utd etc.
    I note he rates Blues support has superb, but you have to take that with a tongue in cheek as I reckon he is well aware of the good will he has to garner from us and that will only come about will 'better results'.
    The clock is still ticking all should remember, we are 8 mil down from last year, JR may still leave the club, the debts will still keep on mounting up until the 'promotion'.
    These are not negative thoughts, but the reality is still the same as it was before this appointment.
    Do I feel more confident though at this appointment, well yes for sure as when I look at his track record and set it against GB's you cannot fail to.
    But it all has to be put into practice now.
    Very

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo
    There's a game in Preston on Saturday. I say we meet at a watering hole there [/quote]

I'd love to but have a prior engagement in Manchester[/quote]

Too late now for such things anyway, it's sold out tonight

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr

I'd love to but have a prior engagement in Manchester[/quote]

Too late now for such things anyway, it's sold out tonight[/quote]i

Oh ye of little faith eh.
    Or, faint heart never f....... And all that.
    Bet Moonys got one!

A fantastic appointment
    just what we need at the club a proven experienced championship manager who has tasted promotion who has brought a vastly experienced backroom staff
    Very very happy tonight however we need to be realistic as fans it's not going to change much this season but next season I expect a push for promotion if he gets a bit of backing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)