+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: o/t Is this the greatest ever bet

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Whose bet is it if it's true. What's point of putting bets up when they've run.

Me what I do if I can get hold of some bookies money I reinvest it. Had £800 on Denman when he won the Gold cup. That was all profit made during the week. Won me £2,600 on the week.

When Long run won the Gold cup had £500 on it out of profit made.

But that's only 2 times it's worked. Made a profit & lost it a few times. Only do that Cheltenham Festival week.
    Not a very trusting sort are you gwru?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    We know he has
    Very funny gm

Some truth in it mind you.

John2.....Although the point you are making re odds is not unreasonable neither is it true.

The bookies odds do not accurately reflect the chance of an event happening as a sporting event is not governed by chance.

The amount of money placed on an event drives the odds more than chance although statistics do play a part in the original setting of the odds.

Whatever else I think most would agree that even though it may not have been the greatest bet of all time it was half decent.

The important factors in this bet were Sheffield Wednesday fans repeatedly reported on RS that they were poor and I listened and Stevenage have been on fire recently so it seemed worth a punt.
    Last edited by kempo; 20-03-2017 at 03:09 PM.

There's a sunBet in today's paper.

5000/1 for us to win our last 8 games.

Anybody fancy that one?

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    The bookies odds do not accurately reflect the chance of an event happening as a sporting event is not governed by chance.
    True, but in a competitive betting market accross many events the odds won't be too far from being able to measure expected returns.

Hull Miller who used to post here I believe once had a 50p accumulator that netted him a grand.

58-1 isn't that big a deal. I went to the Kentucky Derby and my mate had a bet on the winner at 60-1.

Edit: oops, googled it was 50-1.

Naw. You always lose your before the event bets. Love em.

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38177406

The Newport Carlisle bet was another classic. Newport 1 Carlisle 0. All is going plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Naw. You always lose your before the event bets. Love em.

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38177406

The Newport Carlisle bet was another classic. Newport 1 Carlisle 0. All is going plan.
    Hello Geets

I was expecting you to come out from under your stone.

How's the Cognitive Behaviour Therapy going?

I mean of course for your clinical psychologist not yourself.

Any thoughts on any subject other than myself?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12