+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince Abdullah and further investment

All the signings made will have cost a fair amount in transfer fees,signing on fees,agents fees and wages. Apparently Spearman cost just shy of £1m. We are still in for Leonard,a CB,GK and probably a striker.
    I am very happy with the business Wilder has done so far and our results,particularly against top grade La Liga and Prem opposition suggest so should everyone else.
    I've been as critical as anyone over the last few seasons as I think the board and certain managers have deserved it. Now it's time to give deserved praise in equal measure.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    All the signings made will have cost a fair amount in transfer fees,signing on fees,agents fees and wages. Apparently Spearman cost just shy of £1m. We are still in for Leonard,a CB,GK and probably a striker.
    I am very happy with the business Wilder has done so far and our results,particularly against top grade La Liga and Prem opposition suggest so should everyone else.
    I've been as critical as anyone over the last few seasons as I think the board and certain managers have deserved it. Now it's time to give deserved praise in equal measure.
    SBT, is that really you? I find myself agreeing.....I'm off for a rest to recover mate

UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Thank goodness we aint lost a friendly or the world would be comin to an end.Perhaps what was seen as significant investment when the statement was made is no longer seen as significant given that the Championship is havin alot more money spent on it nowadays.I've said all summer anyone expectin mega bucks bein spent on a player is gunna be disapointed but hey we're all entitled to our views.UTCB
    Ah, now I understand. times have changed, signigicant no longer means significant. So the phrase should have been " Think Man City not Liverpool 2012" or whenever.

Yet in 12/13 Blackburn, for example, spent more on Slew than we have done on any player to date this close season.They also spent more on another Jordan though! They also bought Bentley from Spurs and Murphy from Fulham.

No one's complaining about the TEAM so your first sentence becomes redundant.

Many are surprised ( or not) as to the lack of the PROMISED 'significant investment'

Hopefully CW works his magic again but, if he's struggling for meaningful investment, there's only 2 men to blame, basd on the words of 1 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Ah, now I understand. times have changed, signigicant no longer means significant. So the phrase should have been " Think Man City not Liverpool 2012" or whenever.

Yet in 12/13 Blackburn, for example, spent more on Slew than we have done on any player to date this close season.They also spent more on another Jordan though! They also bought Bentley from Spurs and Murphy from Fulham.

No one's complaining about the TEAM so your first sentence becomes redundant.

Many are surprised ( or not) as to the lack of the PROMISED 'significant investment'

Hopefully CW works his magic again but, if he's struggling for meaningful investment, there's only 2 men to blame, basd on the words of 1 of them.
    How do you know what we've spent on players or what Blackburn spent on Slewy TT? Ya don't and neither do i,you're goin on hear say but hey it's suits your agenda to keep slaggin the board or more particularly King Kev.No ones complainin abart the team? Have you seriously not seen posts on here that the team/squad aint good enuff? You will use anythin to keep your anti King Kev stance goin and again i say you're entitled to your view.Have a look at Beany's post a man we all know has slaughtered the club(not just one man)when he's felt it correct to do so but he's also prepared to give credit when it's due,a much more rounded poster than you'll ever be mi owd pal simply cos you refuse to ease up on the King Kev hatred.It's sad really but hey us that still go to games from what i see the vast majority are behind the club and lookin forward to the new season,TRUE BLADES if ya like.Roll on 5th August.UTCB

I sort of agree mate but I'm still waiting for that early season kick in the nuts so I'll reserve judgment for now. You allured that your contact thought Wilder might not be happy because we were 'penny pinching' and stalling deals a couple of days ago, so let's hope they were wrong and we take the good will into the new season. I don't think we'll struggle even now, but I reckon we're just 2 or 3 players from being very competitive team under this manager.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I sort of agree mate but I'm still waiting for that early season kick in the nuts so I'll reserve judgment for now. You allured that your contact thought Wilder might not be happy because we were 'penny pinching' and stalling deals a couple of days ago, so let's hope they were wrong and we take the good will into the new season. I don't think we'll struggle even now, but I reckon we're just 2 or 3 players from being very competitive team under this manager.
    We got Lundstrom after what seemed a bit of faffing and Knill assures us we are still chasing Leonard,(who personally I think would be a brilliant signing). We are after a keeper and someting up top.
    My only concern is the "it's gone upstairs" reference Wilder uses. The info I got was 100% in good faith and the next 10 days will show us how valid it is. I agree with you we are a couple light of a very well ballanced squad.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    How do you know what we've spent on players or what Blackburn spent on Slewy TT? Ya don't and neither do i,you're goin on hear say but hey it's suits your agenda to keep slaggin the board or more particularly King Kev.No ones complainin abart the team? Have you seriously not seen posts on here that the team/squad aint good enuff? You will use anythin to keep your anti King Kev stance goin and again i say you're entitled to your view.Have a look at Beany's post a man we all know has slaughtered the club(not just one man)when he's felt it correct to do so but he's also prepared to give credit when it's due,a much more rounded poster than you'll ever be mi owd pal simply cos you refuse to ease up on the King Kev hatred.It's sad really but hey us that still go to games from what i see the vast majority are behind the club and lookin forward to the new season,TRUE BLADES if ya like.Roll on 5th August.UTCB
    Welln Rod you know as much as anyone does about transfer fees as I do based on that but when someone says 'think Liverpool' did you really expect signings from a division below to attempt to get us into the division above?

Of course not but that wouldn't suit your agenda would it?

As for 'the rounded poster' comment I suggest you look in the mirrr to see the one who can't contemplate, or tolerate, criticism of your Messiah.

As for giving credit where it's due I have done, to CW, who has worked miracles for SUFC.

I know you created the KingKev soubriquet to wind up me, amongst others.

Have you ever considered that some of my posts regarding McC might be founded on the same basis?

SBT's post, like many of mine, praises CW and the job he has done so far.

The difference between him and me is that I think CW has done it in spite of, not because of, the owner.

One thing I hope we can all agree on is the level of debate has immeasurably improved exponentially to the absence of pigs with the exception of Les.

One thing I hope we can all agree on is the level of debate has immeasurably improved exponentially to the absence of pigs with the exception of Les.
    Too true SBT, although some might just be posting tongue in cheek.

If so it's still a huge improvement on pig tongue up mod ringpiece !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast