+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Two from Forest: Iacovitti & Yates

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Having 3 loan deals from any club, let alone our local rivals, does have the feel of feeder club about it.

Grant's fine, but I'd rather we signed decent players of our own tbh.
    Signing decent players costs money. If you don't have it, then this is a good deal for you.
    Believe me, these kids are good.
    I hope you develop them further with game time. Either for our first team, or for transfer money. win win win

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Signing decent players costs money. If you don't have it, then this is a good deal for you.
    Believe me, these kids are good.
    I hope you develop them further with game time. Either for our first team, or for transfer money. win win win

Agree with le Trickster. Win, win situ for all. Would anyone have batted an eyelid if we'd have taken 3 young uns from Leicester or Villa? Don't care where they come from personally as long as everyone benefits.

Feeder Club?? Stop being so friggin delicate ladies. Quite a few people bumping their gums about how poor we are and the quality we are able to attract. If KN/AH have something going with them over there then fine by me. Unless of course we are happy with another 'consolidation' season (ffs) (Sorry BFP) (x)

Becoming our feeder club,
    A feeder club sells off its best players to another club over a number of seasons. This is not remotely what is happening here. If a long term relationship developed where Forest supplies its promising players on loan to Notts County for them to gain league experience and mature as players that would be mutually beneicial, both clubs would gain and both would ofer something to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    A feeder club sells off its best players to another club over a number of seasons. This is not remotely what is happening here. If a long term relationship developed where Forest supplies its promising players on loan to Notts County for them to gain league experience and mature as players that would be mutually beneicial, both clubs would gain and both would ofer something to the other.
    Well said that man.

All fair points.

To extend the logic though, and if the rules let us, we could loan 11 players from Forest u-23s, and not bother having any of our own players? Would that be ok?

Thin end of the wedge imo, just like b teams in the Feckatrade.

Not often I agree with your tricky but on this I'm with you all the way, anyone from anywhere that's gets us out of this hell hole of league I'm happy with and to be honest whilst I would never hope to ever see the day where your club would be celebrating days like you've had in the past, I'd rather see a certain club on the M5 south suffer much more everyday of the week...

We want you to give our youngsters game time. It's a vicious circle. Bring them on, the gap gets wider.
    Not necessarily. I've just hit on a cunning plan - if we can develop them from raw reserves to upper end League 1 standard then they will be useful for us, but not much use to you. In that way we get the win / win bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    Is the right answer. I honestly do not care one bit where a player comes from. What I do care about is are they good enough to play for Notts County and secondly do they offer something that we do not already have in our squad? If the answer is yes to both then bring them in.

I see no need for any Notts fans to worry as we are not a feeder club, or a nursery for Forest or any other club. We are a club that wants to progress and get out of League Two through promotion and need players that can do a job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    All fair points.

To extend the logic though, and if the rules let us, we could loan 11 players from Forest u-23s, and not bother having any of our own players? Would that be ok?

Thin end of the wedge imo, just like b teams in the Feckatrade.
    The rules don't let us.

As far as i can remember from playing FM (actually a great source for this kind of stuff) it used to be that you were allowed 4 "long term loans" and I think there is a limit of 4 loan players from the same club, I thought it was 2 but if we're trying to sign 2 Forest players on loan on top of Grant it's either not or that was a rule for Premiership clubs that I'm remembering.

You're also only allowed 5 loan players in your matchday squad, as you may remember Derry used to talk about juggling which loan players he had in the team and on the bench.

I'll load it up and check

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast