+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Didn't go

I'm not going to be looking downward. If it happens it happens. Im looking forward to Saturday. I've some Cr@p coming midweek and some more on Monday, but in between it's Bristol away! I can't wait for the season to start. Really...
    Did we really think that all would be solved by 5th Aug?.... Nah!
    I'd like two strikers in.... but if it don't happen, we are no worse off than last year. We got a young kid who knows where the bag is, not a sulky Bugga who could t be bothered. Rotherham is forgotten...Payne will get as many as Marley did. Sessi will do some tackling... (!when he's not suspended!! Lol).
    Glass half full for me mate.
    If they aren't good enough but go down trying I'll survive that. If they don't work hard and graft then I'll be the first ( After You, Ponte, Animal Renno Roma and a dozen others) to scream at them for the £ I'll have paid out.

And remember.... I'm W Yorks too

Good lad Arr need t see Docta anorl let's keep the faith eh , it's arr club , Forza di Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Glass half full for me mate. If they aren't good enough but go down trying I'll survive that. If they don't work hard and graft then I'll be the first ( After You, Ponte, Animal Renno Roma and a dozen others) to scream at them for the £ I'll have paid out. And remember.... I'm W Yorks too
    I keep forgetting that actually, but were you born there or did you move there from South Yorkshire ?
    I will always accept defeat if like you say, we've played well and given it a go, and met a better or even a luckier team on the day.
    Remember one pre-season (about 5 or 6 years ago ?) was a 100% set of wins for us, and one of the wins was 0-5 away at Scunny!. However, that league season started badly and the pre-season was quickly forgotten about. So that argument does work both ways and I hope we're quickly forgetting most of this pre-season as well in the coming weeks.

Wernt that Unda Davey ?

me too Jules ...a Wakefield lad but my mums family from Barnsley and not far down the A61. TBH always thought Barnsley should do more to get support from the Wakefield area with no FL team

Im next door to you Chop in Normy, and theres loads of Leeds & so called ManUre fans in this area so being a Barnsley fan is quite rare around here.
    Roma, I cant remember whether that pre season I mentioned was under Davey or Robins. But some of the scorers for us in the 0-5 win at Scunny were Rico Vaz Te & Craig Davies.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Im next door to you Chop in Normy, and theres loads of Leeds & so called ManUre fans in this area so being a Barnsley fan is quite rare around here.
    Roma, I cant remember whether that pre season I mentioned was under Davey or Robins. But some of the scorers for us in the 0-5 win at Scunny were Rico Vaz Te & Craig Davies.
    Keef's team then .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I keep forgetting that actually, but were you born there or did you move there from South Yorkshire ?
    Nah, born Huddersfield side of Denby Dale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12