+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: Cardiff v The Mighty Blades

Quote Originally Posted by U-F-O View Post
    Our strikers also need to be more clinical with the fewer chances that we'll get in this league as compared with Div1. I thought Clarke was waiting for a written invitation to shoot when he had that clear opportunity against Boro . When he did pulled the trigger it was far too late, the chance had gone.
    Agreed UFO (whoever you are)............Clarke was way too slow on Saturday - not sure if he good enough to take the step up that this division demands.

Sounds like we are under the cosh, Stearman pulled up and gone off. There pace is the difference.

Bit battered but still having a go...

Lucky to get away with just 2 in the onion bag.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Surely tha not losin faith already are ya Bully? UTCB
    Not losin faith at all me old pal,knew tonight would be a tough ask Cardiff are flying and they have something that could hurt us,pace up top,always bet with the head and not the heart,we will come back I'm sure of it,I have faith in the messiah

I top scored in our super6 league at work rod btw

Starting to realise why the likes of Clarke, Freeman and Fleck have always been perennial League 1 players. We need physically strong and pacey signings and we need them sooner rather than later.

yes the wallet needs opening mr mcabe 😉

Its up to the players to raise their game.............some will, some won't............but time should be given to allow them to adjust. We're not far off being decent, and I believe all of them are potentially good enough if they put the work in.

There aren't many "great" players in the Championship - but quite a very good professionals who are making the most of what they have.

Tufty's hampered by the current wage structure. There are good Championship players out there (eg Winnall 500K, McGugan £350K), but it's the wages which are the sticking point at the moment. Wednesday's wage structure is ridiculous and ruinous, but there's a happy medium.

A lot of the sides in this league are physical, and you've got to batter them. The game between Cardiff and Wednesday at Hillsborough in the spring was a physical encounter, so what happened last night doesn't surprise me. Those who worry that this is becoming a non-impact sport would have had their fears allayed that day. Name:  Brucie.png
Views: 136
Size:  18.2 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast