+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Oh no, not politics again (PLEASE DON'T LOOK IF EASILY OFFENDED)

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Question for you. - Do you have a tax free ISA? - if so, are you breaking the law or did it seem the best deal for you to maximise your cash?

"look out for the taxman- he may be after you for tax avoidance
    So you compare my ISA with Google, Amazon and the Queen's tax scams? Go play your banjo...

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    "look out for the taxman- he may be after you for tax avoidance
    Why? Tax avoidance isn't illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Perhaps you'd care to give us full details of how these offshore companies and trusts have been set up in order than we can judge ? But you can't can you as they are hidden.
    Anyway to get you started let's try some Controlled Foreign Corporation legislation or Controlled Foreign Companies as it's known in UK. That says corporate income should be taxed where the management and control lie. Most of these offshore tax haven companies use nominee directors to pretend they are controlled from say Panama. But in reality they are controlled by the true owners who may reside in UK but declare their profits only in Panama. So they are breaking the law.
    But HMRC do not have the balls or resources to go after them so most of them get away with it.
    That good enough ?

Fine by me.

... if you must blame someone, blame King Richard, who appointed Prince John as his Trustee. In the current trend of blame -game how would the PC brigade pass sentence ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    No laws broken here, move along, nothing to see.
    Yet we all know that if Jeremy Corbyn was implicated you would be squealing louder than Little Mix!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So you compare my ISA with Google, Amazon and the Queen's tax scams? Go play your banjo...
    Google break no laws by choosing to sort their affairs in order to reduce their tax burden - you (and I) choose to save using a tax free ISA. There may be a vast amount amount of difference in the tax saved but the principle is the same ie; no law broken or regulation breached. What needs to happen is a new law to prevent the likes of google trading in the UK and not paying the correct amount of tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Why? Tax avoidance isn't illegal!

"you didn't read all of French Magpie's post did you"

They're all in the trough, just as many Lab as Con at it. As would any on here posting about it if they had the dosh to make it worthwhile.

I always thought the queen and her brood were freeloading parasites, but I thought they would at least have the decency to pay tax on all their unearned gains.

Amazing how those who claim to be patriots are the ones who are most reluctant to contribute to the country they claim to love so much.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    They're all in the trough, just as many Lab as Con at it. As would any on here posting about it if they had the dosh to make it worthwhile.
    Correct answer ....... Also Simon McCoy made to look an amateur when interviewing the chap who heads the offshore investment funds this afternoon. As the bloke said - all the media do is blow everything up without the true facts and McCoy should know these facts before spouting off. He explained the true position and McCoy quickly ended the interview.

Very true Smiffy ....... we'd all do it ....... I bet the BBC don't replay the interview. Isn't this once again the politics of envy coming out. Easy to criticise from the touchline so to speak. Could I just throw in the idiotic pop stars, footballers, so called comedians etc etc who all do the same thing.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast