+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Increased expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    I want to see us go up as Champions - of course.
    I want those great days back such as when we went to Tottenham and only got beat because Gazza didn't get sent off after elbowing Harding in the face - remember that game?
    My best Notts memory is standing behind the goal at Tottenham and seeing O-Riordan's rocket heading straight towards me - I'd have caught that ball if the net hadn't been in the way - great days. 26 years ago bloody hell.
    That goal is on Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhHlBkoOoU0
    Gettin!
    I also remember on the bus down there, the bus driver stopped and asked, about 1km from the ground, if anybody wanted to get out and walk. Bus went silent. There were no takers strangely.

Although we are still top of the league, the football at times has been dire. Against FGR we made them look like Real Madrid. Stevenage was again just a big boot anywhere. There have been a number of games where we have been very lucky to have won. I.E Chesterfield, Lincoln, Newport (10 men) just to name a few where we were outplayed but fortunately still managed to win..

We play well when we play the ball to feet, ( As against Bristol Rovers) but for some reason our preferred tactic is to boot it anywhere, and thats when we play badly..... Will we ever learn......

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Although we are still top of the league, the football at times has been dire. Against FGR we made them look like Real Madrid. Stevenage was again just a big boot anywhere. There have been a number of games where we have been very lucky to have won. I.E Chesterfield, Lincoln, Newport (10 men) just to name a few where we were outplayed but fortunately still managed to win..

We play well when we play the ball to feet, ( As against Bristol Rovers) but for some reason our preferred tactic is to boot it anywhere, and thats when we play badly..... Will we ever learn......
    I dare you to start a thread entitled "dreadful dreadful Football".......I tried it, ................and look where it got me?

Some of the games have been dire.....BUT, we are still top of the table.......KN is a footballing genius.....and I'm a wandering goat-herder.....FACT

Can we look on that as a good sign that we have played badly at times and are still top?

I'd like to ask the guys who get to see a lot of the games what we are doing well this season that we did badly last season, who is playing a lot better under KN that's been around for a while and which of the newcomers is making the biggest difference?
    From the bits I pick up, seems Grant is one that's made a big difference?

Also for those who watch a lot - what % chance in all honesty do we have of being Champs?

And...
    While I'm on a roll with the trips down memory lane, how many teams can say they beat a team 5-1 with Bobby Moore in defence and Best up front? Notts can haha! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egdiijeJWsg
    Check out goal No.4 - Busby nutmegs Bobby Moore and smashes it into the roof - these are the days I want back.
    Last edited by AltyPie; 17-11-2017 at 01:45 AM.

I really don’t know why you follow Notts if it’s that bad to watch us, even though we are top of the league ( which means we have more points than anyone else regardless of how we’ve played and we must be doing something’s better than the other teams in the league ) we are not Real Madrid or Man City, whatever it takes to get us out this league is fine by me. Considering at the beginning of the season some on here were predicting the end of the world because of KN’s lack of ‘quality’ signings we aren’t doing to bad. To be fair to one poster on here ‘ Tarquin’ I think he’s seen the light and realised things are not as bad as the KN/AH haters preached!
    Last edited by keldsyke; 17-11-2017 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I really don’t know why you follow Notts if it’s that bad to watch us, even though we are top of the league ( which means we have more points than anyone else regardless of how we’ve played and we must be doing something’s better than the other teams in the league ) we are not Real Madrid or Man City, whatever it takes to get us out this league is fine by me. Considering at the beginning of the season some on here were predicting the end of the world because of KN’s lack of ‘quality’ signings we aren’t doing to bad. To be fair to one poster on here ‘ Tarquin’ I think he’s seen the light and realised things are not as bad as the KN/AH haters preached!

My point was to emphasise how well we play when we pass the ball around. Surely with the players we have then there is no reason to keep lumping the ball up field. It is awful to watch...

My point was to emphasise how well we play when we pass the ball around. Surely with the players we have then there is no reason to keep lumping the ball up field. It is awful to watch...
    Agreed 🙂 just give them a little credit?

... it's all very good for now and yes, we are much better when we pass rather than hoof. We'll be serious contenders when we replace the chief hoof-ball contender at the back who is only one degree better than Hollis. (At least Hollis can head the ball - but that's all he does).

I want to see us go up as Champions - of course.
    I want those great days back such as when we went to Tottenham and only got beat because Gazza didn't get sent off after elbowing Harding in the face - remember that game?
    My best Notts memory is standing behind the goal at Tottenham and seeing O-Riordan's rocket heading straight towards me - I'd have caught that ball if the net hadn't been in the way - great days. 26 years ago bloody hell.
    That goal is on Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhHlBkoOoU0
    Gettin!
    I also remember on the bus down there, the bus driver stopped and asked, about 1km from the ground, if anybody wanted to get out and walk. Bus went silent. There were no takers strangely.
    We will go up without the need of play-offs..
    Full stop.
    And alty!!!
    I was also stood inline behind that goal when don smashed that ball into the top corner..
    Won't forget that moment and was truly celebrated in the old school manner.
    Also stopped in a pub on the Spurs high road to have a pint with a few of my dads cockney friends..
    They all knew us as Notts fans and got stick from start to finish all in the right context..
    No fighting until we got out the doors...lol
    Those were the good old days
    Bring them back I say

While I'm on a roll with the trips down memory lane, how many teams can say they beat a team 5-1 with Bobby Moore in defence and Best up front? Notts can haha! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egdiijeJWsg
    Check out goal No.4 - Busby nutmegs Bobby Moore and smashes it into the roof - these are the days I want back.
    Interesting to see wingers actually staying out on the wing. What's that all about?

We have got 9 points from the last 7 matches against teams with an avearage position of 13 th in the league, that form to the end of the season might just get us a play off place

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast