+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Please!

We're almost invincible in this competition at home over the last decade. Only 1 defeat in 14 home FA Cup ties. Rotherham being the only loss since the infamous Havant & Waterlooville defeat exactly 10 years ago yesterday. That's quite a surprising stat and one I had to double check. Wimbledon and Middlesbrough are the only other two teams to knock us out on our own patch this side of the year 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Home against a team that would attraction Sky and a full house. A top 4 Prem team or Florist? Get the crowd in, get the Sky money, relax and play "who gives a phuck football". IF that could be achieved we (AH) may well be able to throw a few bob in and strengthen in January for a good strong push to the end of the season. As it stands I cannot see the arse falling out of this team, the spirit KN seems to have instilled looks pretty solid, so anything less than play-offs would be a shock.
    ££££££ loadsa £££££££ please.
    If you want shedloads it needs to be away at a big club. Florist would mean Yates and Grant cup tied.

Home against a team that would attraction Sky and a full house. A top 4 Prem team or Florist? Get the crowd in, get the Sky money, relax and play "who gives a phuck football". IF that could be achieved we (AH) may well be able to throw a few bob in and strengthen in January for a good strong push to the end of the season. As it stands I cannot see the arse falling out of this team, the spirit KN seems to have instilled looks pretty solid, so anything less than play-offs would be a shock.
    ££££££ loadsa £££££££ please.
    Man Utd, Tottenham or Arsenal could see 60,000 tickets sold vs a maximum of 20,000 sold if at home.

Although getting a big club at home is always preferable to get them out of their comfort zone. We nearly beat Man City in 2010 at home but got spanked away.

Hopefully Guiseley.

I think we need maximum exposure and ticket sales, so Spurs or Man Utd away. We'd get hammered, but the cup run would hopefully fund the couple of players (centre-back and striker) we need to keep up our promotion push.

I wonder how much the run has already made, what with yesterday's match being televised.

Knowing our luck we will get someone like Stevenage away

I’d like someone like Spurs or Man Utd away. Put in a decent performance, bank the proceeds and then be free to concentrate on the League ( perhaps with a new striker bought from the money). I definitely don’t want Forest. As BFP says, Grant and Yates wouldn’t be able to play and if we have a big day out, those two deserve to be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    If you want shedloads it needs to be away at a big club. Florist would mean Yates and Grant cup tied.
    I'm not sure that's true. They can't play for any other team but Notts in the Cup now.

In the Premier League, players on loan are not permitted to play against the team which holds their registration (section 7.2 of rule M.6). Loanees are, however, allowed to play against their 'owning' clubs in cup competitions, unless they have played for their owning club in that cup during that season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loan_(sports)

If we had to play Forest without these two the score could be embarrassing. I would rather a Premiership duffer club in the next round, preferably at home. Then we have a fighting chance of going further.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Man Utd, Tottenham or Arsenal could see 60,000 tickets sold vs a maximum of 20,000 sold if at home.

Although getting a big club at home is always preferable to get them out of their comfort zone. We nearly beat Man City in 2010 at home but got spanked away.
    Yes 45% of a 60,000 gate would be very nice but it would also be very nice to have a packed Meadow Lane and TV coverage.

Yes 45% of a 60,000 gate would be very nice but it would also be very nice to have a packed Meadow Lane and TV coverage.
    I don’t think you’re going to get 60,000 with Notts being the opposition, they are no draw for Premier League supporters perhaps half that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast