+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hadi Sacko

For us he was

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    For us he was
    Sometimes..for what ever reason its just doesn't happen for some players..various reasons but I honestly believe some just can't handle playing for Leeds United..the whole thing is just to over-powering and they can't handle the pressure..that is why when they go to lesser/smaller clubs they become a success.

Billy Sharp..a big disappointment for me when he was with us..was he given a fair crack of the whip..probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Sometimes..for what ever reason its just doesn't happen for some players..various reasons but I honestly believe some just can't handle playing for Leeds United..the whole thing is just to over-powering and they can't handle the pressure..that is why when they go to lesser/smaller clubs they become a success.

Billy Sharp..a big disappointment for me when he was with us..was he given a fair crack of the whip..probably not.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  17.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

Rev, he also played in a team that was performing below expectations at the time. Not sure he got the best of service either that he seems to get elsewhere.

not like he was given much of a chance was it?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Size:  17.6 KB
    Name:  warning-drama-queen-twelve-o-clock.jpg
Size:  12.7 KB

he should have been sent to league one on loan for the season. precious game time needed

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Given the goals Roofe has scored this season how can you say he is useless?

Have you you ever played at a decent level or do you have coaching badges or do you just opine from the comfort of overloaded armchair springs?

Singling out individual players when they might be

not fully fit
    lacking confidence
    playing out of position
    playing in a system that does not suit them
    playing in a team with lots of first team players out

seems very common on here and a tad unfair.

Some seem to expect players to either me messi-seque or single handedly win games otherwise they class them as the new ‘Geoff Thomas’

finding the right combinations in teams takes time to both discover and then for them to work. The amount of chopping and changing recently makes it hard for stability and that is seen on the pitch.

Roofe has repeatedly demonstrated this season he has quality so don’t understand the negatively going in his direction.
    Damn you're right I'm not a pro so we should all stop saying what we see, shut the forum down and just blindly clap any dross that walks out for us. Classic 'I've got no real argument for the points' nonsense.

Roofe has been crap for a long time, he has brief glimpses against poor teams where he scores a few like his hat trick against Newport at home and against QPR, excellent, really glad he turns up twice a season. Oh what he scored against Burton both times! Another top draw team. Fact is Roofe turns up against league two/one quality teams, when it is the better teams he is nowhere to be seen. He isn't the only one I dont think is good enough but this was a thread about Sacko and currently I'd rather see Sacko lining up because I do not believe Roofe OR Alisoki have done enough to justify their places since New year and I definitely would rather see Dallas on the wing. I also think Cibicki is poop.

Edited to say I think Sacko is absolute gubbins as well but Alioski and Roofe have clearly become too comfortable with the idea they wont be dropped. Only quality attackers we have are Saiz, Dallas and I think Ekuban could prove to be a little gem, Alioski and Roofe have potential but it is getting harder and harder to watch them play so badly week in week out even when Roofe got his chance upfront he didn't score and that was WITH Saiz!
    Last edited by joellufcprice; 14-02-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Get rid in the summer, he's one of those players who will never be consistent like many in the past. My heart sinks when he comes on as a sub as I know he will do absolutely f*ck all. O'Kane is another that fails to impress, he's weak and produces nothing. MOT!!

Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimwhite View Post
    he should have been sent to league one on loan for the season. precious game time needed
    Makes you wonder why Sacko wasn't sent on loan, but Antonsson was. 8 goals in 24 for a team in the top 6 in League One.

I remember asking the Swedish Leeds fans about Cbicki and they said Antonsson was way better. Meanwhile Cbicki sits on the bench or in our reserves during our current squad crisis, and we have a new striker unable to play due to injury. And Sacko comes on at times when we need to change the game, despite the fact that he's never change a game for us in his career at Leeds, as far as i can remember.

Not saying Antonsson's the answer - just wonder how any of this can be considered consistent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)