+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Morning After

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    we are favourites against Sweden and would be favs against either Russia or Croatia should we reach a semi.
    I must say I did get reasonably excited at the end of the penalties last night.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I must say I did get reasonably excited at the end of the penalties last night.
    I'm around at a friends house for the match on Saturday, it could get quite fruity.

[QUOTE=sidders;38935685]Pickford removals, remember them? (Nationalised now and removing cheats from the World Cup).
    I think you have to accept that this manager sees Sterling as a game-changer, even though he hasn't managed it yet.

Pep thinks the same but hey what do they know

Any time Sterling wants to actually change a match he's more than welcome, what is it now, two goals in forty two games?

Man city carry him, any decent player would have double his goal tally for them as he misses as many tap ins as he scores. If he leaves city he'll do nothing like he has done there.

Please prove me wrong Sterling on Saturday but I won't hold my breath.

Big plusses for me last night were Pickford (that last-minute save was unbelievable - would be shown a lot more if they hadn’t scored from the subsequent corner), Trippier, Maguire and Kane - who was my MOM for the number of times he received the ball with his back to the goal and drew fouls.

Sterling disappeared after halftime, but he may be better suited to playing against the Swedes. Alli isn’t fit, but I’ve not been over-convinced by Loftus-Cheek, so midfield remains our weak spot. If only Lallana could stay fit. I’d also play Danny Rose over Ashley Young every day of the week.

We’ll never get a better chance of making a World Cup final, but it would be so England to lose to Sweden again. Was it 2002 or 2006 when we drew 2-2 after Joe Cole scrored a worldie near the end but the Swedes still came back to draw?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12